• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Surgery Abroad Czech or Denmark

Hey Ladies

Me again, I wanted to ask about the aftercare with the gastric sleeve? The lady from beautifulbeings called me today but I forgot to ask?

Hi Cani,

I'm happy enough to track all my progress with my GP who has been very supportive. No formal aftercare appointments/follow up appointments are given but BB/the clinic can be contacted if you have any queries. I find this site is great to check that I'm on progress and on the right track. That and all the research I've done myself x

I am going to let me doctor know beforehand that this is the decision im taking and see what they say. I'm sure as a tax paying person, should any thing go wrong im sure the NHS will not turn you away.

That's what I did Donna, just to make sure that they were behind me. There is no funding at all for surgery in NI so it was really my only option x

Because my mum keeps on asking what about aftercare, I thought you just have the sleeve and that's that as it's not the band it doesn't need to be filled, I read a story about the sleeve leaking and the person nearly died I don't think she got it done at BB, they sound so promising and I'm just going to have to trust them with my life. Sorting out my passport then I should be able to book, I can't wait

There is funding here but I will probably take me years to get it lol! By which time I would probably have doubled my size lol! I wish I was going in the next couple of weeks :( my weight is getting me down so much lately! Oh well, I guess 6 months aint that long to wait.

Donna don't worry you are defiantly getting it done, it will be worth the wait, my weight gets me down especially in the summer, I hate going out everyone is walking and running around in shorts and vest tops, I wouldn't dare leave my house without wearing a long thin jacket, that covers me fully.

The NHS would never consider giving me a gastric band as I am 17 and a half stone, if you can get funding get it, then you can spend the money you were going to use for the sleeve on nice new clothes and nice holiday, I look on asos.com every day at all the nice clothing I will be able to buy, and on the russell and bromley website for nice shoes.

Thinking about life after surgery should keep you going, you should be able to wake up smiling and say to yourself "not long now until surgery" looking online at clothes does help me because I know I will be able to get them! I think I am going to try and go in the beginning of October end of September passport takes 6 weeks minimum.

Don't be sad whenever you are just type on here.

I got myself into this mess, I am 26 27 in November I haven't been happy since I was 19, hopefully when I've lost the weight I will be able to forgive myself :)

Be happy Donna

What both of you have said rings so true with me. I tried for funding here but just got bigger and more down about myself. I'd never have lost the weight I have without surgical help :( I have heard weight loss consultants say that once a certain level has been reached, it's almost an impossible task without help.

I do still have a way to go without a doubt but I'm feeling loads better about myself already and wearing things I never thought I would :)

I hope I can help you both on your journey too xxx

Hi, I'm also considering gastric sleeve with surgal clinic possibly in October. I have had a quote from the clinic direct and also through beautiful beings. Banana Can I ask how long your total stay was and did you stay at the clinic the whole time you was there? Thanks

Hi ZMI,

How are you? I arrived on a Monday afternoon, had some appointments shortly after arrival, then dinner that evening. More tests/appointments on the Tuesday morning and surgery on Tuesday afternoon.

I was discharged on Friday afternoon and flew on Friday evening, I stayed at the clinic Monday - Friday xx

Hello, I am well thankyou. How are you?
I don't know why the lady I spoke to at surgal clinic told me I must stay in a hotel for a additional three days once discharged from the clinic.
Everyone I have spoken to have stayed Monday to Friday.

HI ZMI

Surgal woman told me about staying at a hotel for 3 days after. But if im feeling fine, what is the point! Esp, if we are at the clinic for 5 days.

I didn't supply any letters from my GP but did bring one to the clinic with me just in case anyone asked xx

I agree Donna. Was it a woman called Vendy? Do u mind me asking how much she quoted you for the sleeve?

Last edited:
Back