• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tier 3 Weight Loss Management Programme

I asked about surgery and the answer I got was its a possibility! They do like you to lost 10% but of weight but I am just not shifting anything! I do have a lot of stomach problems going on at moment though and my dietician says I am not eating enough! My first appointment was an hour and each one know is about 1/2 hour!

I asked about surgery and the answer I got was its a possibility! They do like you to lost 10% but of weight but I am just not shifting anything! I do have a lot of stomach problems going on at moment though and my dietician says I am not eating enough! My first appointment was an hour and each one know is about 1/2 hour!
Yes that's right, I finished mine in march , 24lb weight loss in 6mths, lost 1 stone in my first month , then nothing in my last two months, They recommended I could manage on my own for weight loss at the end, I was upset, went to my GP ,broke drown, she referred me back to the spire, Nhs agreed to fund me, I'm booked in for September, I was even allowed to pick when I wanted surgery .keep fighting your corner, 21 years I have been struggling" I'm only 39,

Finally had first day on the weigh ahead programme at Southampton Spire hospital. The lady seemed really nice and she basically said to me that it is up to my GP to decide about surgery really following the programme, they just feedback to the GP but they make the decision in the end. Got my motivation talk in 2 weeks and have to arrange my exercise sessions now too.
Glad I'm finally on my journey! X

Well my gp had not seen report but said she will refer me so hoping the report is good! My gp didn't actually know what the process is so still feel bit in limbo!

Omg just had the call meeting the surgeon next week!!!!!!!! That's 4 weeks since doctor sent referral off!

Hi curls40

What did you have done? Would love to hear more! All I know do far is meeting me van den bossche next Thursday then week after nurse etc week after as they could not do all in one day! I assume next week he will discuss what operation ??!!!!!!

He was my surgeon , lovely man,
He greeted me with ,what can I do for you, I laughed and said , make me normal,!,,
I had all my meetings in one day,
Clinic day for him is always on a Thursday he flys over from guernsey then flys back that night, I can tell you you operation will probably be a Thursday, and you will get to pick a date that suits you, I was Nhs,
In 16 weeks I've lost 4st 10lbs, , two weeks of that includes the liver shrinkage diet,
Read my diary for my experience
I've had the mini by pass,

Yes they said usually in one day all appointments! So how soon after your appointment was your op? How do I find your diary?

I picked a date that suited me, by personal choice, click on my photo and should take you to my profile ,will show all the threads started by me,

Back