• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tier 3 Weight Loss Management Programme

I did find your diary and just read through! I can't view profile yet I am fairly new to this so not sure how it works! It's a fab site as learning so much! I am slightly heavier than you were at start date 20 St 10 ! I have been heavy right from primary school so for me too i just want to be normal!

Having kids , a thyroid condition and pso were my downfall,,was a size 14 till I hit my late teens, what I'm aiming to get back too,

I lost 24lbs on the tier three programme after 6 mths, and was refused surgery ,my GP over ruled this decision,
What they don't tell you is the amount of pills you have to take after surgery to stay healthy, vitamins, calcium and vit d . I get mine from the doctor as get free prescriptions when you have a thyroid condition,

Well last year u had to take vit d as wad deficient and sometimes my iron low anyway! How many pills do you have to take then? Do they test your bloods after ?

Well last year u had to take vit d as wad deficient and sometimes my iron low anyway! How many pills do you have to take then? Do they test your bloods after ?
Yes I was deficient in this too ,took this last year, was picked up in all the bloods before I went on tier three.
I take x2 Multi vitamins, vit d , calcium ,and 150 mg of thxyoide daily, A lot to take in the morn, when you have to make the choice cup of tea of water with pills,
You can't have both first thing.

Hi!! Ive been reading your thread and i too am on 3 tier weight management programme at spire Southampton. Im in Andover. Im currently half way through, seen faye the dietion 3 times seeing her again in 2 weeks, caroline twice and exercise lady once. Ive felt much better since reading your thread as i relate to a lot of what u have said and seeing u are booked in for surgery gives me hope! Ive been honest and asked questions about surgery as i really feel its my last option. They have both said its a good idea to talk to a surgon at least. Im hoping to be finished in March so looking for report to be
sent to gp in April. It was gp who suggested surgery and the program. So im hoping i should have a positive outcome. I just wondered how soon after u finished the 3 tier u waited for reports ect and how long u waited for a chat with the surgon. Any info u can give would be fab as they are all quite vauge in regards to surgery in the program. Hope to hear from u soon x

Curls as I said previously meeting consultant Thursday and now the rest all in same day! Secretary said this was mdt meeting can you still be refused surgery at this point?

What questions am I likely to be asked? Really don't want to mess this up been asking since I was 15 for help!

You have to do the six months before any decisions are made , you won't get told before, if they refuse ,go back to you GP, , I did As I wasn't recommend surgery as I lost 24 lbs on tier 3, it's the GP who decides in the end !

So confused! So I have this meeting Thursday with dietician consultant anaesthetist nurse then they decide and I will hear after that????

You are confusing me now luvy!,,
Sounds like you've been approved if your are meeting them all already,
Let's start at the beginning
Six months on tier three,
Finish that
After six weeks end of weigh ahead, get letter. With next steps,
What did you letter say?.."..
Sounds like get you've been approved already if you are meeting theses people already,mine happened quick like that didn't really tell me I've been approved ,just told me dates of meeting them all in one day! Was shocked,

Yes that's right meeting with them all Thursday at spire Southampton! Other people have said this is MdT meeting then they decide

Well I saw them all and my surgeon all on the same day and was booked in that day, don't know what you mean by mdt?

Well I saw them all and my surgeon all on the same day and was booked in that day, don't know what you mean by mdt?

MDT = Multi Disciplinary Team ie Phsycologist, Dietician and Nurse appointments all on the same day - I have mine on the 13th February.

Back