• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Walsal Manor referral to op dates?

Linski

Hi all Walslall Manor patients.

Would you do me a favour and if you have date or have had your op or even just somewhere in the middle of your journey at Walsall would you please post your appointment timescales as follow:

Just thought this would be good to compare and would be useful for us pre-oppers.

1) Date referred by GP and what area you come from.
2) First appointment with Dr Heatland and Anna.
3) Aprox date of follow up tests. Sleep studies etc.
4) Wait to see Mr Kendrick.
5) How long for funding confirmation.
6) Aprox wait for pre-ops.
7) When were you given surgey date or are you still waiting.
8) Any hiccups along the way.
9) who did you find the most helpful when chasing up
10) Who did you feel was the least helpful

Thank you muchly, looking forward to your replies

Heres my journey so far.

• Referred May 2nd 2010
  • Had to chase 4th Aug - lost referral given date for 8th August.
  • 8th saw Anna and Dr H, told would need sleep study and see Mr K.
  • To date absolutly nothing still waiting. Understand I am on the spreadheet and should hear Nov time.
Just thought it would be interesting to compare everyones journey and timescales.
:553:

Linski xxx

Last edited:
Referred July 09
Saw Dr Hartland end of July 09 (told 4 month cooling off period, no appt with Mr Kendrick was required then)
Second appt was end of Nov when i said yes.
Got on waiting list early January.
Pre ops in May
Surgery June 10th 2010

Things have changed since then though x

Referred Nov 09.
First Appointment with Dr Heartland Jan 15 2010
Second Appointment with Dr H 1st week of April.
Funding approval letter last week of May 2010.
Pre op appointments end of August.
Appointment with Mr Khan 1st October.
Surgery date 13th October.

referred Dec 08
first appointment Jan 09
Funding approved end feb 09
Pre ops June 09
Surgery 30th August 09

didnt see kendrick or have any cooling off period.

Refered June 09
1st apt. July 09
2nd apt nov 09
Funding granted dec 09
Pre ops feb 10
Op date 7th April 10
Didn't see mr kendrick as I was to chicken in case he said no so cancelled it :)

My journey has taken so long over 2 years.. But i was referred to Birmingham at first and they didnt want to know then my gp referred me to Wolverhampton for a good 6 months before then i went to Walsall..

I think its so funny how most of us avoided Dr Kendrick, I too did LOL

Im sure i saw Dr Heartland in Apr 09, then 4 months cooling off period turned to 6 and ended up being given an emergency appointment Dec 09.

I was then under the impression i would get surgery April 2010, the time came by so i kept ringing and pestering daily to be told they were waiting for funding.

I was getting that annoyed and was really going to just pay for a band i rang the PCT to find out what was going on.

After 1 phone call and explaning how long i had been waiting within 24 hours i had a call back with a date for my pre op tests just days later.

Then in Aug i still had not heard anythink, so again i started calling every man and his dog ( around 15 ppl), I eventually spoke to the commisioning Manager at my PCT who said she would look into it for me. Then the next morning she rang back to say she had not forgot about me but was still working on it.

Then the next day i got a letter of Walsall Manor with my Op Date for 29/09...

Hope this helps you...

Last edited:
Saw Dr September
Walsall hospital begining of November
anethsatist end off November He gave me a list og dates some before xmas but I chose Jan
Op 2nd Jan

didnt see Mr Kendrick

approx 16 weeks from seeing my own Dr to having my op

ref 0ct 2010
1st appt nov 2010
2nd appt march 2011 put on waiting list by Mr Kendrick .

Why is everyone scared of Mr Kendrick hes ok i had no problem really till my dad opened his mouth.
Told him not to come in but he had to.
Just as he was going to put me on the list my dad pipes up what about him "smoking" could have killed him lol.:(
But it was not a problem thank god.

Back