• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sunderland patients - where are you in the WLS process?

Hi haven't been on for a while.
I was referred by the doctor middle of august 2010
seminar at sunderland beginning december 2010
appointment with nurse/dietician march 17th 2011
waiting for appointment with consultant
was told it could be 7 month wait :)

yeah i more or less the same but i dont no how 2 put them on my page, i am from sunderland i live 2 mins away from the hospital ha no not had endoscopy but never had 2 have any other tests, my last appointment is 27th with the surgeon so fingers crossed i wont ave long to wait till my op ha x

Is your appointment with the surgeon 27th July and who with?
I had my app with Dr. Mahawar last Wednesday and was only in with him 5mins! He looked at my weightloss, asked if I felt ok about it all then briefly explained the op and the risks that come with it. Now I'm waiting for endoscopy before I go on the op list. He said it'll be around 8-10 months from now to op date!

yeah mine is wif dr.mahawar, i have lots of questions so hope he is ready haha wot op are you getting?? i ave wanted a band all the wat through but i want 2 change nd ask for the wrap instead so i wonder if i can do that???? x

Update: I have a date, 13th August woohoo!!!!!!!!!

Congrats Deb....... are you excited ? xxxx

Thanks Liz, I'm very excited!!! I've got the shakes!! ha ha ha I know I need to loose about 10 lbs before my pre assessment (which I assume will be 2 weeks before) so it'll be salad and fruit until then, oh and it's no more tabs from today either! It's going to be fun in my house, no tabs and no food for the next month lol xx

iv been referred back from the phsycologist to SRH on June 9th and still no appointment been made, was told my next one could be January 2012! that will be 2yr since referral and i havent had no endoscopy or anything yet :( xx

Have now hit the 5 stone loss mark since surgery which was 6 months yesterday, thats equal 50% excess weight so far which is what is generally predicted in first 12mths, so well on target.

well done Denise x x x

Hi Everyone, I am now 9 days post op and apart from the little hiccup of being back in hospital since Saturday due to stomach pain and dehydration I am doing very well at the moment. Have no pain post op unless I have walked too much and feel great. Weight loss hasn't been an issue for me the last couple of days but I will get weighed as soon as I am home. I think I must be around the 18 stone mark now though, which is good. If I'm still 18 stone 8lbs thats good too because it means my slow weight loss will help me fit back into my skin. LOL :D Take care all xxxx

mightyminx49 said:
Hi Everyone, I am now 9 days post op and apart from the little hiccup of being back in hospital since Saturday due to stomach pain and dehydration I am doing very well at the moment. Have no pain post op unless I have walked too much and feel great. Weight loss hasn't been an issue for me the last couple of days but I will get weighed as soon as I am home. I think I must be around the 18 stone mark now though, which is good. If I'm still 18 stone 8lbs thats good too because it means my slow weight loss will help me fit back into my skin. LOL :D Take care all xxxx

That's great news gald ur on the mend

Hopefully il get out today and head back to newcastle, my 3day stay has turned into a 7day stay

Xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hi Haylz6

Ah sorry to hear your stay has been longer than it should have been but hope fully as you are on the mend you will get better quickly and be back to normal. If I had been kept in that bit longer my dehydration may have been spotted sooner. Never mind I am on the road properly now and I intend to stay that way. Take care love Hugs xx :)

Get well soon ladies and back home to your loved ones and friends ASAP. Take care and you will recover in leaps and bounds.

penelope1008 said:
Get well soon ladies and back home to your loved ones and friends ASAP. Take care and you will recover in leaps and bounds.

Thank u I hope so xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Can't believe i've got my appointment with mr balapuri on 5th september.must concentrate on losing some weight think i've gained 7lbs.Its a 6week challenge but i'm determined to do it.Thought it was going to be about 7mths for an appiontment but its only been 5.I know i still have a way to go but i'm now feeling closer to the end.Just have to hope mr balapuri says yes and puts me on the waiting list.:D

Referred by doctor 4th July 2011
Seminar appointment 12th October 2011

Really looking forward to meeting and making new friends

Back