• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sunderland patients - where are you in the WLS process?

1) Date referred by GP and what area you come from - Feb 2010, South Shields
2) Date of seminar - March 17th 2010
3) Date of appointment with bariatric nurse/dietician - July 2010
4) Dates of any follow up tests - sleep apnea, psych etc. - N/A
5) Date of appointment with surgeon - 10th Oct 2010...CANCELLED....7th Nov 2010...CANCELLED...11th Feb 2011...CANCELLED!! 2nd June 2011...SEEN! Weight loss target met twice over.
6) Date of Endoscopy & placed on waiting list- Awaiting appointment for endoscopy, down for short notice list!!
6) Date of surgery - ????
Any hiccups along the way: As you can see from above, numerous heart breaking cancellations, but hey ho, am getting there!! xxxx:D

1) Date referred by GP and what area you come from - March 2011 - sunderland
2) Date of seminar - August 10th 2011
3) Date of appointment with bariatric nurse/dietician - ????
4) Dates of any follow up tests - sleep apnea, psych etc. - already having sleep apnea tests now
5) Date of appointment with surgeon - ?????
6) Date of Endoscopy & placed on waiting list- ????
6) Date of surgery - ????
Any hiccups along the way:

New member - Sunderland referral.

Hello All!

I hope someone can give me some advice: I've been given my seminar date for Sunderland.

Can anyone tell me what the procedure is following this. For example, how long (approx) from seminar to banding?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes,

Geordie

I think it is the same for any ops if I remember rightly from the seminar, 3-4 months between each stage and from start to finish 18 months. By the time I get my op on 9th July it will be 18 months. Pretty reasonable I think. Doesnt seem so when you first start but it soon passes. :D

All for a very good reason I am led to believe. Gives one time to decide it weight loss surgery is what you really want (I did) and to prepare for the eventual surgery. I think it is a good idea as it gave me something to work towards.

Being told I must loose 3kg before I saw the consultant made me look at what I was eating (wasn't much) but I realised if I dont eat properly I dont loose weight. It is hard but so worth it, keep your chin up because it will happen. Positive thinking.:D

Words used on admission Letter

Hi Everyone,

I might be just being a bit touchy (not hard these days) but yesterday when I got my diet sheet and letter the words jumped out at me like they were there to slap me in the face. As follows:

Dear Patient

Your Obesity Surgery

You will soon be coming into Hospital to have your obesity surgery

Then of course you all know the rest about restricted diet and all that fad. What made me feel as if I had been slapped in the mush and look like it was 10ft tall when it was only really about 12 point was the words ~~~~~~~>

YOUR OBESITY SURGERY

God how depressed I feel right now!!! I know I am obese, god I HATE that bloody word, but am I the only one who feels like this???
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::sigh::sigh::sigh::sigh::sigh::sigh:

I am posting this smillie face in at least ten forums just so that I can get my 50 posts to be able to do more stuff in here. Please forgive me in advance.

:banana dancer: :thankyou:

Hi all,

forgot to tell you that when I got on the scales this morning I found that I hadnt lost any weight and remain at 19st 11lbs again today. :(

went to gp in april 2011
seminar 25th may 2011
nurse 28th september 2011 scared dont no what she askes you
got a letter to say ill be geting a letter for a date for an endoscopy lol strange im scared

Last edited:
Application still suspended while undergoing psych sessions :silly:- have had two - next one on July 7th.
My op date will probably be the 12th of Never at this rate.

Ah Nova,

It will happen and patiences is a great virtue!!! Good luck hun :)

Application still suspended while undergoing psych sessions :silly:- have had two - next one on July 7th.
My op date will probably be the 12th of Never at this rate.

Hi Nova

Don't loose hope, I was originally refused an operation due to psych problems, my application was put on hold indefinitely but I soon got my shrink on the case and together we wrote a letter to the team and my application was reinstated. It took a few months but well worth hanging in.

Hi all.....
G.p referred me March 2010
Seminar at Sunderland June 2010
Nurse/dietician app. October 2010
Sleep studies January 2011
Consultant app. July 6th 2011

As you can see, it has taken me 16months just to get to this point, and I believe I won't be on the list for my endoscopy until after consultants appointment. This is a long time, but I think after a while you think about it less, and just accept that one day your time will come. And it will!!

yeah i more or less the same but i dont no how 2 put them on my page, i am from sunderland i live 2 mins away from the hospital ha no not had endoscopy but never had 2 have any other tests, my last appointment is 27th with the surgeon so fingers crossed i wont ave long to wait till my op ha x

Back