• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sunderland patients - where are you in the WLS process?

Going OK so far.....

1) Date referred by GP and what area you come from May 2010
2) Date of seminar - 14th Jul 2010
3) Date of appointment with bariatric nurse/dietician - 18th Oct 2010
4) Dates of any follow up tests - sleep apnea, psych etc. - None already diagnosed with sleep apnoea had full cardiac work up
5) Date of appointment with surgeon - 14/04/2011
6) Date of Endoscopy & placed on waiting list- 14/04/2011
7) Date of Pre Op surgery assessment - 10/08/2011.
8) Prov Surgery Date 21st Aug 2011
9) Any hiccups along the way - well none so far was actually fast tracked due to weight loss being good from seminar date to first apt!

Well its been a long journey but I have now finally had my op so thought I'd update my timescales on this thread for all those still waiting.

I'm going to change my signature now so I can start counting down my weight loss - goodness that feels good!

Best of luck to all pre-opers x

SURGERY 16TH JUNE 2012
:party0011:

ON THE WAITING LIST 22ND DECEMBER 2011 :gimi:

ENDOSCOPY 22ND DECEMBER 2011 :jelous:

SURGEON APPOINTMENT - 2nd NOVEMBER 2011 (WEIGHT LOSS TARGET ACHIEVED) :8855:

DIETICIAN/NURSE - 4th May 2011 :happy036:

SEMINAR - 5th JANUARY 2011 :bunnydance:

REF BY GP SEPTEMBER 2010 :p

1) Date referred by GP (April 2011)
2) Date of seminar. (July 2011)
3) Date of appointment with bariatric nurse/dietician(Nov 2011
4) Dates of any follow up tests - sleep apnea (10 may 2012)
5) Date of appointment with surgeon (3 Oct 212)
6) Date put on waiting list
7) Date of surgery.
8) Any hiccups along the way. (2 cancellations of consultant)

Hi not been on for ages...

1) Date referred by GP and what area you come from - unsure. Marton Middlesbrough.
2) Date of seminar June 11
3) Date of appointment with bariatric nurse/dietician - Jan 12
4) Date of appointment with surgeon 11th July 12
6) Date put on waiting list - ??
5) Dates of any follow up tests -??
7) Date of surgery. ??
8) Any hiccups along the way. Tried to move from Sunderland to James Cook, contacted consultant and bariatric nurses and also GP. It aint happening so I am in the Sunderland pathway, hopefully I will know more in 3 weeks x

1) Date referred by GP and what area you come from - 29th May 2012
2) Date of seminar - 11th July 2012

<excited!>

Nightmare

Mine has been a total stress fest

1) Date referred by GP 22/05/2013
2) Date of seminar. Few Months after
3) Date of appointment with bariatric Few months after.
Weight loss target set 3 month appointment failed to reach 5 kg target
Another 3 month target set overall from first weigh in reached 11 kg reduction so told surgery OK await and await any news. After 3 x calls to Consultants secretary pushing for dates (Im expecting pre op camera appointment) I get told no I need Psych appointment
4) Dates of any follow up tests - they @forgot@ to refer me for psych initially so had to after being at target weight loss I had to wait 8 months to see Psych. Id put on weight lost all motivation. So I was gave "ANOTHER" appointment 3 months to lose some weight told Id be referred back to surgery If I attained. I lost 10 KG
6) Date put on waiting list few weeks ago second time
7) Date of surgery. havent a clue I have an apoointment with the dept god knows when pre op or op is
8) AAll in all I was referred in MAY 13 Still awaiting a pre op and still awaiting an Op date. Now since Im a) Morbidly obese on BMI scale b) have heart condition c) on warfaren d) have pulmonary weakness e) Was "Assured" because of heart condition Id be rushed through f) Actually work full time for NHS! I think the performance has been to say the least abysmal Ive waited in all so far 2 years 4 Months and counting.

Back