• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

1 day to go!!!!

SarahAD

The big day is almost here! This time tomorrow evening I am having my bypass. I will be so relieved to get it over and done with not least so I can stop this horrendous pre op diet. Ive found myself craving weetabix and readybrek and I'm looking forward to having them in a few weeks, even in tiny amounts!
The nerves are kicking in now, and I'm mostly worried about the pain but it will be worth it.

I will post how I get on
Xx

Good luck Sarah it will be worth it hun xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Everyone is completely different, I remember waking up and wondering where the shoulder pain lots of people talk about was (trapped wind). I had a horrible time in hospital for the first couple of days - but I wasn't in pain. I have not needed the pain killers or nausea tablets they sent me home with either!I'm not showing off - I'm just saying that every op and person is different. Don't be scared, just know that you will be strong enough to cope with whatever happens.Enjoy your last night as the old Sarah, your exciting new life starts tomorrow.Good luck, I look forward to reading how you've got on x

woohoo good luck sarah :) xxx

Hi there,

I'll be honest and say I thought the pain after would have been worse.
I was put on a morphine drip,but chose not to use it! Infact the nurses told me off for not making use of it.
I had regular Calpol afterwards and found this was good enough
Good luck

Good luck Sarah I hope it all goes well.xx

Good luck Hun hope all goes well x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

All the best xxx

Back