• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

1 sleep till bypass!

MissDiet

Come on lbs!!!
Well of to claremont in sheffield for the handsome mr ackroyd to work his magic!

Im not at all worried and feel a bit in different. Is this odd?...

Stuck to pre-op diet even though i did swap mid way (nutritionsit approved). I can tell ive lost weight, maybe half a stone.

Bag 90% packed. It all seems a bit too easy lol.

I cant work out if im being weird but i dont really have any emotion. I thought id be a wreck!

Xx

Hi MissDiet
Good luck for tomorrow!
I had my op on 2nd August (7 weeks ago) and if I'm honest the 'nerves' didn't kick in until I was at the hospital and by myself. I was last on the list and told I would be going to theatre around 5pm - they didn't come door me until 7.30pm.
By that time I was an absolute wreck......worried about the anesthetic, the surgery etc, etc. I woke up in recovery at 10.15pm and was fine, when I got back to my room they gave me a cold glass of water....tasted like nectar!
You will be fine. Just think of tomorrow as being the beginning of the new you.
Let us know how you get on.

Jxx

Thanks julie and maz.

My friends are all going "are you excited/scared" etc and im like "narrr".

Heres to the new me!!

Woop woop! On way to bench

Xx

Oooooh, good luck :jelous::jelous::jelous: I can see the Claremont if I look out of my bedroom window, stood on a box, with a telescope & a set of binoculars & maybe google earth ... hmmm maybe not that close after all. :D About 5 miles I think ... I may be having my op there as they take the over spill from Sheffield's Northern General. hope it all goes well for you with the minimum of all the nasties & maximum of all the goodies xx:D

ooooooooh! I can feel my stomach flipping with excitement for you! good luck, I'm sure it will be a breeze. looking forward to hearing how you get on. take care :)
Lynne
xxx

Good luck MissDiet, woohoo :D

You do make me laugh twinkle!

Thanks all :).

I hope i start to get belly flips too. Might go to bed soon. Get a good kip

Xx

good luck......happy new life!

Good luck hunnie, Twinkle be able to tell us how you are with her telescope stood on her box out of her bedroom window hehe ...... :8855:

Thanks all! Xx

Just at the hotel with mum while she eats a sarnie... Lol.

Then off to check in!

God it feels weird.

See you on the otherside wls family xxx

Omg...

Just had a nose at my gown and paper knickers..

I know I'm fat but no need to rub it in by providing me with size 10 knickers and a small gown!

I really do hope they find a better set. As I've not exactly planned for my floof to be on show to the surgeon...

x

I sooo hope they do have bigger ones as I may be in your shoes (bed, pants) soon. I don't need props to make an exhibition of myself :eek::eek: Let us know if they locate bigger ones. If not, see if they can tidy your lady garden & any other routine work you may need doing. If it is going to be on display you may as well reap the benefits ... only kidding, hun :D:D:D
Why would a bariatric ward have small outfits?? :D
Take care, sweet ... hope all goes well for you. :):)

Im in room 1 so let me know if u r!

It isnt a bariatric only ward :-(. Im the only one here for two weeks.

I didnt know they were gonna stick a pipe up my foojuju. How the hell does a catheter work?! Lol

And ive found out they dont do bigger sizes, stockings barely fit and they said i could gulp my water down (wrong answer nursey!). Im the only patient in today for this op. Also the hdu unit is down so all the equipments in my room

X

Back