• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

1 week nearly Postop!!

ChefClay

High friends - One week today since my op, all fine so far.
Weighing in at 119kg, so 5kg lost in just under 3 weeks (allowing for 10 day LR diet)

Paul xx

Hi Paul,

I have been thinking of you and it's great to hear how well you are doing!

It's been a long journey, but I'm sure it's going to be so worth it for you...

Great to hear from you Paul.

Sending love and hugs as always xxx

Hi Bev, how are you doing? Missed speaking to you, taking just a little break from the forums whilst I get sorted.
I really hope your health has improved since we last spoke, you hide a lot of pain in your threads xx

Hi, how has things gone since your op? Any problems?
I am still eating/drinking too fast, must slow down! Otherwise all ok so far. Lol x

Its three weeks tomorrow since my op & I've not had any problems (touch wood). Like you I had problems learning to sip!! But my fella bought me a toddler's cup & that has taught me to sip, although I look a bit of a plonker using it!

I've lost a total of 30lb's up to now.

Thanks Paul, I am over the moon that it's all behind you now and you can start to get organised with your weightloss regime!

I'm plodding on thankyou... pain is a way of life with my spine condition and it's a case of making the most of things thank you Paul... I'm lucky that I have a beautiful family and loving support...

My op is going to be early in the new year, after just discussing at length the best way forward yesterday... I think this is an ideal time for me, start of a new year and get Christmas over then make 2011 my year...

Shall you be using the new bariatric cook book... 'Return to Slender'... as you proceed through the stages... ?

Loving hugs Paul and keep on the positive side of life...

Take care xxx

Welcome back Paul, so pleased to hear your op went well, and what a brilliant loss :D You are now well and truly on the road to slimsville ;) XX

Well done Paul. I'm glad to hear all's going well. xxx

Hi Paul
Im also 1 week post op, we had it done the same day but diff hospitals.
Im drinking fine and to be honest feeling quite hungry now? The dietician told me that its normal and that the fluid is going through easier now the swelling has gone but to be honest i actually feel like i could sit down and eat something!!! I havnt of course, just fluids but i am finding it hard to believe that ill only be able to eat a few spoons of 'normal food' cos i feel normal, almost like the op didnt happen? Really strange feeling i wonder if thats normal?

Good luck to you honey
Joy x

Good to see you back and posting Paul, glad it all went well for you and great news on the lbs loss. Keep up the good work and be sure to take good care of yourself xx

Hi Paul
Im also 1 week post op, we had it done the same day but diff hospitals.
Im drinking fine and to be honest feeling quite hungry now? The dietician told me that its normal and that the fluid is going through easier now the swelling has gone but to be honest i actually feel like i could sit down and eat something!!! I havnt of course, just fluids but i am finding it hard to believe that ill only be able to eat a few spoons of 'normal food' cos i feel normal, almost like the op didnt happen? Really strange feeling i wonder if thats normal?

Good luck to you honey
Joy x
Hi Joy, I know what you mean. If it was not for a few faint marks on my torso, it is if the op had not yet been done! The obvious feeling is of 'fullness' when having eaten or drinking. I have tried to include the fruit, carbs and protein within the day. Not really a problem. Certainly no feeling of sickness, etc. Obviously everyone is different, but I do feel that there is a lot of unintentional 'scaremongering' on the site and sometimes you can read too much into things. There is a lot of trial and error, but as Mr Schroeder told me immediately prior to the op - "No more diets for you Mr Clay". I have taken him on his word and just being careful in these early days. It's lovely to escape the word 'diet', it does not apply to me any more, ever! I am not going to rush the weight loss, I will ensure it is gradual and enjoyable without the hassle. Each to their own. Best of luck for the future - Paul xx

I said the same Paul about feeling as if you've not had a bypass. In fact I said it to Mr Balpuri when I was discharged from hospital. I was sat up in the chair next to my bed with my pj's on within 20 minutes of coming round from the op!

I've had no sickness etc. so to hear you're the same makes me feel a bit more normal ;)

In fact I was beginning to think the op hadn't worked for me. I'm back to work on Monday which will be 4 weeks after my op.

Glad you're feeling well.

Take care

Hi Paul,

I love your attitude to the surgery and I would be feeling exactly the same I am sure, plus the steady approach to weightloss...

It's got to be hard working in food Paul, it's such a pleasure to know you and I'm always delighted to hear of your progress...

A huge well done for positivity and getting on with it... it's admirable...

Love and hugs Paul xxx

Well done paul, may your Journey continue to be smooth and successful!

Back