• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

1 week post op gastric band

katherineo1

Self Esteem
Hi everyone,
not been on for 2weeks as laptop broke down. Hope everyone is well I cant wait to read through all the posts and catch up! I had my band fitted last Tuesday (5th) and just wanted to say to anyone waiting to get it done to not be afraid. I was soo scared when they took me into the operating theatre my bum was shaking lol.
Ive lost a stone already!! x

Wtg a stone down already - fabulous stuff xx

Wow, great loss. Glad it went well x

That's fantastic, you will have to update your details.:)

That is wonderful news Katherine - looking forward to hearing more of about your weight losses and how you adapt to being on the losers bench. Take care

Wow a stone already. Thats fabulous.

Could you give all us pre-gastric band Oppers an insight in to how you felt after surgery to now please?

Well when I came round there was some pain but they gave me morphine straight away so that was ok. I was nauseus for a while but the drip and oxygen helped that. Couldnt stand the bright lights overhead so asked for them to be switched off lol, and just wanted to be left alone. it was all bearable. A bit like after you just had a baby and you think never again but really quickly youve forgotten the discomfort lol.
The first week I have been sore and tired but thats all . I havent needed to take any painkillers at all. Its not a big deal honestly its just like having any op you need to rest up after while the anesthetic works out of your system.
The thought pre op is more frightening, its the fear of the unknown but I can honestly say its not as bad as I thought it would be and if it means I am going to finally lose weight and keep it off for good then its worth it.
By the way I went on to have four children lol and i am a real woose.
hope this helps xxx
ps this morning I am 9 days post op and apart from a very slight feeling of tenderness on my left side I am back to normal. Even went into work yesterday evening to do some bits. xx

Back