• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

1 week post op, HELP!!!!

stacey80

I am now on day 7 of having my band in and i am feeling really hungry!!!! Is this normal? Also how long were people on the post op liquid diet? Someone help me please!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am now on day 7 of having my band in and i am feeling really hungry!!!! Is this normal? Also how long were people on the post op liquid diet? Someone help me please!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dont panic its completly normal! your swelling has gone down hence why your hungryer, my post op was 1 week liquids, 1 week mushies, then back to normal, everyones proveder gives different advice tho so listen to what they say . you will find untill you have fills that you will be hungry but never forget it does get better with each fill so hang in there

Hiya Stacey
Well done on your recent surgery, as Serenity has said it does get easier, I am 4 weeks post op and i was to do 4 weeks on liquid 2 weeks on puree and 2 weeks on mash. I like yourself started to feel hungry after a week so i called my provider and asked for some help, i was told to up the drinks and to introduce Slimfast and to drink alot more. What diet has your provider given you? If you are really hungry give them a call on Monday as i did at week 2 as was really hungry and was told to hold out till at least week 3 where i could progress onto Pureed food, i have to be honest with you, i didnt like the thought of pureeing food so i just cooked vegetables so they could be mashed and added gravy to it, this was my personal choice and not given by the dieticians.
Try and get some more fluids into you and give the slimfast a go as it does work, and when you are feeling hungry try to occupy your mind by doing something else like having a bath or something, it does work.
All the very best Stacey take care X

Back