• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

1 day post op

pimms11

Hi guys,

I am a little puzzled, been on my liquid diet for a week, lost a few pounds, had the op yesterday (Gastic band) and gained weight!!! I assume this is usual but could not seem to find anything on it! My belly has also bloated and have loads of trapped wind in shoulders and back :confused:

Claire x

i gained too its the internal swelling around all your incision areas try not to worry about it it will come off x

Oh hunni keep away from the scales :) all that wind and swelling in your tum is bound to give you a gain momentarily, just focus on getting well for now and getting enough fluids in :) I was about 4 weeks post op before my tum felt like my own again. Don't stress about the loss just yet, once your healed and back to eating normally it will all fall into place. x x x x x wd on making it to the losers bench congrats and gl on your new life journey x x x x

Mmmmm don't think wind weighs much :rolleyes:

it can be down to water retention in the muscles. When a muscle gets torn or damaged and it's been effected in the way it has during band surgery, the body does what it can to protect the muscle and to enable itself to heal and to so this puts in protective measures including holding fluid to help it recover and heal.

this is often why people who start doing a new type of exercise which causes delayed muscle pain and stiffness may often find weight increase.

Back