• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

4 weeks post op and normal food!!

tanychance

I am four weeks post op and have been on normal food since Thursday! After finding out from another bander on here thatmy provider didn't give me any diet info at all that they were given and I've been guessing what I should or more like it shouldn't have, I am wondering why I still feel no restriction and even managed roast beef, but now know I shouldn't be having it till 3 months post op!! I have a 10ml with 3ml put in at the time of surgery!! I am feeling hungry a lot too as well! Can anyone help with what foods are most filling for longer? I have my first fill next Tuesday? Also why are there different sizes of bands...10ml's and 14ml's??? Does it depend on surgeon or size of stomach?? Lots of questions I know x

Im in touch with another bander on here who had a 14ml with 1ml put in at surgery ... Both done at the same hospital and she was told if they had put a 10ml on her she wouldn't be able to eat at all!! Just curious as she will now have 13ml left to fill and I have only 7?? Surely I should feel restriction if that's the case!! Thank you for the link x

It doesnt quite work like that. The 10 mil band may have been too tight for your friend but everyone is different, your stomach will not be the same as your friends or mine for that matter. BTW its very rare that bands are filled to capacity.

You are restricted because you now have a band around your stomach, unless you start eating slider foods it just wouldnt be possible to eat the volume you could pre op.

Dont get too hung up on feeling restricted, start to make the changes in your diet to healthy band friendly foods. Then when you start getting fills you will start to eat even less x

Mazza said:
It doesnt quite work like that. The 10 mil band may have been too tight for your friend but everyone is different, your stomach will not be the same as your friends or mine for that matter. BTW its very rare that bands are filled to capacity.

You are restricted because you now have a band around your stomach, unless you start eating slider foods it just wouldnt be possible to eat the volume you could pre op.

Dont get too hung up on feeling restricted, start to make the changes in your diet to healthy band friendly foods. Then when you start getting fills you will start to eat even less x

Thank you! That's such a helpful reply!! X

Hi, I'm now 4 weeks post op too.
I'm meant to move from mashed food to solid, normal food over the next two weeks.
I've not lost anything significant in last 2 weeks. It's a bit gutting, but I'm going to concentrate on eating around 1200 cals a day, eating lots of protein, and avoiding junk food.

I should have a band fill soon. And I hope this will help. I've read from others that this is quite a slow weight loss time anyway.

Hi, I'm now 4 weeks post op too.
I'm meant to move from mashed food to solid, normal food over the next two weeks.
I've not lost anything significant in last 2 weeks. It's a bit gutting, but I'm going to concentrate on eating around 1200 cals a day, eating lots of protein, and avoiding junk food.

I should have a band fill soon. And I hope this will help. I've read from others that this is quite a slow weight loss time anyway.

It can be a slow weight loss time but if you start getting into good eating habbits now it will stand you in good stead moving forwards.

Having a fill wont help you avoid junk food, you will have to do that yourself :D

Have a look at the link I posted above for some tips on what to eat on the solid food stage x

Hi and welcome the reason u won't see a lose or even maybe a gain is because on your pre op diet u need too srink your liver so as soon as your eating carbs suger ie soup custard etc your liver is replacing the stores it has used up so don't be too disappointed its quite normal wishing u the best of luck xx

I have a 7 mil band in (filled 2 5 mil) and I didnt have no fill in surgery ( again this is the surgeons preference) - I have noticed that most ppl feel initial restriction from op and then once the swelling goes down they notice the restriction goes until they start getting fills and getting the restriction back. Wishing you all the best on your fill - Julie xx

Back