• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

After surgery & Adjustment underwhelming experience..

SheWolf

Hi all. I just want to share my experience & see if anyone could relate or give any opinions..
I was banded 13 months ago.. other than the first 6weeks after surgery when you can only eat you liquids &solids I haven't lost any weight. In the beginning months I had 4.5ml in bigger doses in my 10ml band, I felt like I still never even had surgery. Nothing was ever any different. The last 10 months My closest clinic is 3 1/2 hours away and I travel every month only to get 2ml in my 10ml band, and still at 8.2ml in, everything still the same as before surgery. I had an appointment to Make sure all was correct amount in my band and it was all there. Last week I went to a different clinic and stressed my diss appointment, she put in 5ml and now at 8.7ml I can actually feel somthing working!
For the first time i am feeling fuller quicker. Food is actually like getting stuck which I know isn't a good thing but it's making me slow down my bites and eating less so must be working..I haven't had to do that apart from a day or 2 after an adjustments when I'm swollen. I've got to say tho I'm really annoyed that only because I went to a different place this time for my adjustment is the reason why I had 5ml in.. where If I went to where I usually go, she only puts 2ml in at a time which means it would have taken me another 3 trips there (which it's a 7hour there and back trip) for me to feel like this is working! Where if I had bigger mls like I wanted sooner I'd have saved myself money on petrol and taking days off and more importantly my mental health as it's got me so down. 13 months staying the same weight after forking out thousands on surgery and also in the last month Herbalife which isn't cheap!
I don't know where to go from here, I fee I should say somthing. What do you guys think? Xx

Sarnie

Hi all. I just want to share my experience & see if anyone could relate or give any opinions..
I was banded 13 months ago.. other than the first 6weeks after surgery when you can only eat you liquids &solids I haven't lost any weight. In the beginning months I had 4.5ml in bigger doses in my 10ml band, I felt like I still never even had surgery. Nothing was ever any different. The last 10 months My closest clinic is 3 1/2 hours away and I travel every month only to get 2ml in my 10ml band, and still at 8.2ml in, everything still the same as before surgery. I had an appointment to Make sure all was correct amount in my band and it was all there. Last week I went to a different clinic and stressed my diss appointment, she put in 5ml and now at 8.7ml I can actually feel somthing working!
For the first time i am feeling fuller quicker. Food is actually like getting stuck which I know isn't a good thing but it's making me slow down my bites and eating less so must be working..I haven't had to do that apart from a day or 2 after an adjustments when I'm swollen. I've got to say tho I'm really annoyed that only because I went to a different place this time for my adjustment is the reason why I had 5ml in.. where If I went to where I usually go, she only puts 2ml in at a time which means it would have taken me another 3 trips there (which it's a 7hour there and back trip) for me to feel like this is working! Where if I had bigger mls like I wanted sooner I'd have saved myself money on petrol and taking days off and more importantly my mental health as it's got me so down. 13 months staying the same weight after forking out thousands on surgery and also in the last month Herbalife which isn't cheap!
I don't know where to go from here, I fee I should say somthing. What do you guys think? Xx
Hi, I'm sorry you've not had a good experience, it must be so s frustrating for you. I've not had any WLS yet, I'm at the start of my journey, but if I were you I would definitely be saying something to your original team about having to go elsewhere just to get some kind of result. My sister had a band and I know it took several fills before hers started to work for her. I hope you get some satisfaction soon x

SheWolf

Thanks for the reply and advice Sandra. I hope you have a better start. Are you having a band too? Where are you having yours?xx

Sarnie

Thanks for the reply and advice Sandra. I hope you have a better start. Are you having a band too? Where are you having yours?xx
I'm hoping to have a Gastric bypass at Luton & Dunstable hospital. I'm midway through a 4 week milk diet that they have put me on to lose 5% of my body weight and prove I'm committed to the program. It's really not been as bad as I thought it would be. xx

SheWolf

Ah I done that. I was going through Luton too originally. I had to do the milk diet to lose 5% which I did last march but then the waiting list was so long..they told me I was looking at feb2019 for surgery, so I just went and done it my own way. I hope you don't have to wait that long Sandra.
Have you been putting sugar free crusha in your milk? That worked for me and also I used to use it and freeze as milk Lollies. Good for this hot weather. You back in a couple of weeks then? Ahh I really hope you smash it.xx

Irene44

Hi SheWolf

I’m with Sandra I would definitely be making some noise with the previous team.

Love the tips for the milk lolly’s too might be steeling that one :) xx

Sarnie

Ah I done that. I was going through Luton too originally. I had to do the milk diet to lose 5% which I did last march but then the waiting list was so long..they told me I was looking at feb2019 for surgery, so I just went and done it my own way. I hope you don't have to wait that long Sandra.
Have you been putting sugar free crusha in your milk? That worked for me and also I used to use it and freeze as milk Lollies. Good for this hot weather. You back in a couple of weeks then? Ahh I really hope you smash it.xx
The NHS is a pretty slow process, but I'm thankful they are at last considering me as I just couldn't afford private. I've been seeking surgery for about 5 years now, kept declining me.
Yes, I've been using Crusha, only just managed to get the vanilla one which is lush, I've been making mini milks with it the freezer, mmmm such a lovely treat, especially in this heat.
I go back to L&D on the 11th of July, hopefully I've done enough, as my weight as everever keeps going up and down, it's pretty frustrating, but you'd think I'd be used to it by now, mostly due to water retention I know, but it still get really frustrated by it.
Did you contact your original team to complain? you would have every right to x

SheWolf

Only way is up now then Sandra. I'm sure you'll do enough. Rooting for you. I didn't know they done a vanilla one. I bet it's lush.
Yea I complained and I'm having a year extension on my aftercare. But I might not even need to go for adjustments so I don't know what to think. I've now lost 7lb in 10days so I'm absolutely buzzing.xx

Irene44

Only way is up now then Sandra. I'm sure you'll do enough. Rooting for you. I didn't know they done a vanilla one. I bet it's lush.
Yea I complained and I'm having a year extension on my aftercare. But I might not even need to go for adjustments so I don't know what to think. I've now lost 7lb in 10days so I'm absolutely buzzing.xx

That’s great I bet your buzzing at last coming good for you well done xxx

Sarnie

Well done, it's a good feeling when you see results like that xx