• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help and advice please

mizkirsty

Hi everyone. I'm Kirsty.

I've been AWOL from the site for a while :(

I was banded NOV 13th 2014 at 17.1 preop diet weight then surgery day 16.6.

I have a 10ml band and have 7.2mls in that band.

I have been slack with my fills bc I got married had a long honeymoon and therefore delayed regular fills.

But I am still 15.10. I am loosing nothing. Or loosing and gaining the same few lbs.

I do have another fill next week. But am feeling really down and miserable.

I can't eat huge portions. But am eating bigger/more than I probably should. And these smaller portions only keep me satisfied for a few hours if that long. But quite often after an hour in looking for food.

Have I wasted £6000 is my band never going to work.

Really down in the dumps about it all. I thought this would be my answer. :(

Xxx

Hi,
I am sorry to hear you are struggling. I do not have the band experience but am sure someone will come along soon to provide answers.
I am just writing to send you best wishes.

Hi, I am sorry to hear you are struggling. I do not have the band experience but am sure someone will come along soon to provide answers. I am just writing to send you best wishes.

Thank you xxxx

Hi Kirsty, don't despair , it will work, it really is about getting into the right zone again. Try the 5 day pouch test - you can download it at Amazon. I did and it has kick started my weight loss again. Don't get me wrong, I struggle with cravings all the time, and I have to force myself to drink 2 litres of water a day. I still want to eat peanut butter straight from the jar, chocolate and alcohol. The head hunger gets me all the time, I think I'm hungry, but my tummy really isn't rumbling, that's when I drink the water. Try and relax about it and keep posting, the 'switch' in your mind needs turning on again, you can do this. Xxx

Hi Kirsty, don't despair , it will work, it really is about getting into the right zone again. Try the 5 day pouch test - you can download it at Amazon. I did and it has kick started my weight loss again. Don't get me wrong, I struggle with cravings all the time, and I have to force myself to drink 2 litres of water a day. I still want to eat peanut butter straight from the jar, chocolate and alcohol. The head hunger gets me all the time, I think I'm hungry, but my tummy really isn't rumbling, that's when I drink the water. Try and relax about it and keep posting, the 'switch' in your mind needs turning on again, you can do this. Xxx

Thanks! Yes I do need to get my head back in the zone. And I'm hoping for a pep talk at my next fill.

What's the 5 day pouch test?? I've never heard of it!

Xxx

Kirsty. I have just posted on another thread about the number of us who are struggling right now and in the same position as yourself

Google the 5 day pouch test. I downloaded the book. But you may get enough info online

Basically it's just getting back to basics:

20 20 20 rule

Not drinking with meals and waiting half an hour before and after

Lots of protein.

Stick with the forum Kirsty. We can all get there if we support each other (((Huggs))))

Hi hun you can do this go back to basics and re evaluate. Unfortunately nearly 2 years down the line I think many of us are struggling! We all have to get back in the zone! X x

Kirsty. I have just posted on another thread about the number of us who are struggling right now and in the same position as yourself Google the 5 day pouch test. I downloaded the book. But you may get enough info online Basically it's just getting back to basics: 20 20 20 rule Not drinking with meals and waiting half an hour before and after Lots of protein. Stick with the forum Kirsty. We can all get there if we support each other (((Huggs))))

Thanks Kirsty! Xxx

Yes I'm treating my fill tomorrow as a fresh start really hoping I can refocus and start again! X

Yes definitely. Feeling a lot more positive today. Looking forward to my fill and seeing the nurse. Have a weeks menu planned so that's a bonus!!!

I'll let you know what she says!!! Xx

Back