• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

10k starlight charity hike tonight

top_kat

Tonight my 12 year old and I are tonight doing the starlight hike in aid of Sue Ryder tonight, it's a 10k hike which we start at 10pm.

The reason we are doing it, is to help raise funds for the charity and in memory of our wonderful Mum and Nan who passed awa in their care in our local Sue Ryder hospice. They enabled her final days to be peaceful and gentle and dignified, they gave us compassion and honesty with what we were facing, they were the only ones who were truly honest.

My mum was a huge part of my life and I wish hat she were still here now, a friend of mine said yesterday sh would be incredibly proud of us both, not only doin this hike but how well I have done. In losing the weight with my band, 9 months ago there is no way I could have walked 1k without struggles let alone 10!

It won't be easy for my son, he suffers from severs osteocondritis, osgood schlatters and battles ongoing pain I his legs an feet, but he is determined (and against my saying he shouldn't be) to hike with me tonight.

We have raised amongst a few close friends about £120 so far, we have included photos of m mum to go on our tshirts to celebrate her life, I do wish she were still here.

So much has changed since we lost her, especially this past year. I am. Glad we can hike tonight, am thankful that I am 9 dress sizes smaller, 9 stone lighter, and blessed with precious memories of a wonderful mum.

We will be walking with bittersweet feelings...I miss her enormously.

Wish us luck as we hike and also that we am raise some extra money too :)

Good luck to both of you - great charity.

Justine x

Good luck, what a lovely thing you are doing x

How did you and your son get on last night with your charity walk?

Justine x

How did it go?! For some reason I thought it was a bike ride not a hike so e vide my other post!! Was thinking if you x

thanks everyone, it went well, we averaged about 4mph, so finished in 1 hour 40 not that we were racing, but we were chuffed with how it went, it was what was behind it that was important for us, DS suffered yesterday with his legs as we expected, but. We did it and raised about £150 so far

Brilliant, well done both of you x

Back