• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

11 stone down but :(

BrandiBelle

Six Month Post Op
Hi, havnt posted in so long thought id have a little catch up ;)

im 23 yrs old
5ft8
was 28 stone in oct last year
i now am 17
woooooo woooo

that wooo wooo wa a lil bit fake, i definitly have lost the weight but i have a major issue, and that is ... i really still feel a size 30 not a 16 my dresse r saying!

i really dont know why, ive got pics from before the op and can tell i was a tad bigger but im finding it hard to picture where i lost 11 stone from, 11 stone thats my mum!!! havei lost my mum off my thigh?

does anyone else feel like this?
i feel alot better as my asthma hasnt affected me since having the op, and my drs were saying my asthma is due to my size... i obviously fit in much smaller clothes but its even got to the point of me thinking the whole worlds lying to me and have changed the tags on the clothes... this is so pathetic but it really bothering me. i havnt told anyone because i dont want people thinking im fihing for compliment or something coz im really not i just really want to understand why this is happeneing and there are so many post oppers on this forum that i thought u may know what im going thru

yesterday i went to h&m with my friend, i picked up a red frilly chiffon top in size 18 and my friend said noo thats gonna be too big brands, trust me, so i took a 16 in with me thinkin im not even gonna bother trying that on as its gonna blatently rip to pieces... but i ended up buyimg the 16 coz the 18 was way too big...
but seriously dont feel a size 16...
sorry to rant and rave on i have searched for topics like this one but cant find any... if anyone knows of any please would u paste the link

advice is desperatly needed xxx
thanks so much xxxxx

thank u so much for ur post hun... i am a happy girl i just dont c the weightloss! unles i have 2 pictures up against eachother even then i still feel like it must be the angles on the pictures which has made me look smaller than the other

I'm more than 18 months post-op and have lost 13 1/2 st.

I've gone from a 32/34 to a 10/12 - so there must be a difference - isn't there?

Its only when I go near a mirror that I can see the difference - and I know it's ridiculous - I've lost a father-in-law after all!! (well the equivalent - how did I carry him round with me?)

So I think it's a common problem - talk to your GP if it's really getting you down - there seems to be a lack of counsellors for all our demons!!

Bet you look great!!

xx

I have a similar problem, it really is common! I can't see myself as I am now, I can't look at a group of women and compare myself to them, I have no real idea of how I actually look. I'm going back to the psyche who did my pre-op stuff to work it all through soon hopefully.

thanks evry1... i think ima ask my dietican to ref me to the psycologist or c wat he says about it

shellbell last time i came on here u was pregnant.... congratulations xx

hi and well done on ur amazing weight loss uv done so well, im pre op only just been refered so i carnt really say that i feel the same as im 23 stone and would love to fit in a size 16 but its not gonna happen for a bit yet as im in a size 24, i did lose 6 stone on weight watchers a couple of yrs ago and went down to a size 16-18 but i felt exactly the same i still felt as big as i was b4 or even bigger i felt wen i told ppl i had lost 6 stone instead of congratulating me they looked at me like to say from where? looking back im sure they wernt thinking that but thats how i felt, its only now ive put all the weight bk on and a couple more pound that i can see looking back at pics wen i had lost the weight that acually i looked great, not perfect, not at the size i wanted to be which would be a comfortable 14 but i did look good now i regret putting the weight back on not that i done it on perpose but i use to think well iv lost 6 stone iv worked god damn hard on weight watchers why carnt i still be the same sizes as my friends, why carnt i share there clothes on a night out, why carnt i get attention for having a great figure like my friends instead of just cus iv got big boobs, and i think i comfort ate and thought stuff it i was happier b4 but like i say now ive put the weight bk on i regret doin and thinking like that wish i was bk that size.
i think wat im trying to say is u dont realise wat u got until its gone, was u happy being bigger buying clothes that didnt suit ur age? now u can shop anywhere cus nearly everywhere does up to a size 16 which is acually an avarage size nowadays, u should be very proud hunny, i know i would be losing all that.
maybe u want to loose even more and are feeling big still cus its not where u want to be?? but look how far u have come in a few months i bet ur be a 14 or even smaller, just keep goin if thats wat u want to do and dont be hard on urself, dont hate appriciate, appriciate wat u got now and all the lovely fashionable clothes u can fit in believe me i carnt wait to be a 16 and wearing fashionable clothes after all im only 25.
i think like a few others have said maybe a bit of counciling might help good luck and im sure u look FAB xx

This is def a strange one to get our heads around. People continually tell me i'm "skinny" now and not to lose any more weight i almost want to turn around and find out they are talking to the person behind me! As Angela says there has to be a difference cause our sizes tell us and finally now i think i'm beginning to believe it at times. You have done really well Brandi with your weight loss and i guess we lived a long long time in our "fat" bodies that its going to take us a good while to get used to our "skinny" ones! Big hugs xx

I think when we have been so big for so long it is hard to get or heads round the "new" us. I too still go looking at the size 26/28's when I'm shopping. Its such a hard habit to break. Go see your gp and see what help they can offer you. Good luck sweetheartxx

Brandi there are posts on this, search under 'body image' etc.

I think its actually really common and I've been recommended some books on it, but as they are Christian rather than secular I haven't posted them on here.

But I am going to read a couple and see if they can help. They were recommended to me by a friend who has recovered from anorexia: she had a similar problem. Though she was insanely thin, she saw herself as fat.

I also have this problem. I have lost nearly 10 stone in the 6 months since bypass. I cant see it at all. I put on a skirt yesterday thinking it would be too tight and it fell straight doWN. I cant buy new clothes as I dont know where to shop! I am in a bit of a panic about it all if I'm honest. When I look in the mo=irror I see myself as the same as pre-op. Logically I know this is wrong. I will read this thread with interest.

Blimey Brandi shows how long its been, Charlie is over 9 months old now!

Back