• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

cah-ching

Hi gang,

I'm currently on the countdown now to my op aka pre-op diet. I approach the date of my operation with some trepidation. I'm not excited, I don't even think about it that much .... except I wonder if I'll come out the other side.

I'm currently drinking 3 shakes per day + 2 yogurts. I've not been too bad but I've not been 100% which frankly annoys me. Spoke with the dietitian today and he doesn't seem to worried about my approach and even suggested that days I can't face the soups/shakes/yogurts or the milk/yogurt, I can switch to food, which is strict in portion sizes but does offer some level of variety - which I think will keep me somewhat sane as doing Cambridge Diet (which is similar) drove me insane - literally :eek:.

So do any of you chaps 'n' chapesses have any coping mechanisms or tips for getting through what has been billed as the hardest part of my journey.

Thanks in advance,

CC x

Hi CC

I wasnt an Angel on my pre op diet ( I was on my holidays in France), but like mixxy, the thought of them opening me up and not performing the op stopped me from going completely off the rails.

Just remember that its not forever and its just a means to an end.

Hey cc i am also on the pre op diet I must admit I have not found it a struggle infact I never felt hungry and struggle to get all the milk and yoghurts in

now for the head side well yesterday was a bad day for Me it seemed to hit me like a ton of bricks that I was only a week away from surgery I have no regrets but it is the emotional side what if I don't make it, will the kid be ok, will hubby beable to cope things like that they just keep going over and over in my mind and it's driving me insane lol

when is ur op and which op did you go for in the end?

Hi CC, most find the first few days of the pre-op tricky, but things usually get better after 3-4 days. What op did you decide on? Is it with Mr A?

Good luck. xx

I was terrified that they would open me up and find a big fat liver, so stuck to my pre-op diet religiously. It wasn't easy, and there were times that I felt like cheating, but the fear won over.

Good luck hun xx

Hi

My pre op diet was not too bad really, slim fast and fruit. I could do it for 7 to 10 days, I did it for 10 to be on the safe side.

Like some of the others have said my main motivation for sticking to it was them opening me up and not being able to do the op. Also I'd paid a lot of money to fail at the first hurdle.

Good luck x

I fell off the rails a bit last night, I had veg foo-yung and prawns as I was soooo hungry and my mouth was furry ... I was craving apples and other food even craving skanky Greggs food I saw someone eating it; I knew I was doing it and why, so stayed resolute during the day.

Went to Tesco in the middle of the night, bought bread, bananas, cooked chicken slices (finest range so it tasted nice) eggs weetabix, cheese, low fat yoghurt and milk in anticipation of my mood when I woke up e.g. decide what type of diet day I'd be having; food or shakes.

I'm feeling really down today, so I know I'd get fed up on soups and shakes so thought I'd try the food diet option hence the items listed above. My dietitian said I can chop n change between the two diets so today I'm going for food, may be tomorrow back to the shakes. Cambridge Diet really got me down and messed with my head so I think yesterday was extra hard for me.

Not had anything to eat yet so I'm thinking a food day today as my friend is coming over.

For those who asked (thanks for asking): I'm having a band and it's next Saturday. x

I was 321 Ibs when i weighed myself on Wednesday night. Today I'm 317 Ibs so not doing too badly. Won't weigh myself now until the day of the op.

Cah-ching, first off congrats for deciding which op to go for. i know you spent loads of time asking the right questions and weighing up the odds for yourself so am sure you are going to do fantastically well.

As for the pre op not having done it myself the only thing i can say is stick with it. You're a strong woman who has taken all this time and effort (never mind money) to make a huge decision about the rest of your life. Good luck with it, please be sure to let us know how your whole op experience goes and i look forward to watching your progress....

ps, well done on the 4lb loss xx

Cah-ching, first off congrats for deciding which op to go for. i know you spent loads of time asking the right questions and weighing up the odds for yourself so am sure you are going to do fantastically well.

As for the pre op not having done it myself the only thing i can say is stick with it. You're a strong woman who has taken all this time and effort (never mind money) to make a huge decision about the rest of your life. Good luck with it, please be sure to let us know how your whole op experience goes and i look forward to watching your progress....

ps, well done on the 4lb loss xx

Thanks so much for your support. Thanks. I will report back.

Just eaten a yoghurt and banana and had a one slice cheese sarnie. Popping over to Westfields Shopping Centre with my friend so made another for the journey back if I get hungry.

Then evening meal. Feel MUCH better today foodwise. Will aim to walk at least 1/2 mile in the shopping centre. x

Hi Cahching
It's funny how pre op diets are so different depending on who's your surgeon, my pre op diet consisted of:

2 Eggs (Boiled,Poached,Omlette,Scrambled)
Fruit & Veg (5 Portions a day)
Oxo / Knorr Cube Drink
Small Bowl Green Salad
Steamed Chicken / Fish
Fruit Juice
Tea/Coffee (Black)
Loads of Water

I did this for 3 weeks, and even put on 7lb during it ??? However my liver shrunk lovely and the surgeon was very happy with the outcome.

I know what you mean about the Cambridge Diet though, I was a counsellor a couple of years ago and stopped it because of the head f**k it caused so many of my clients including myself. I did Lighter Life too and can honestly say those sorts of diets are only good for a short term, quick fix, i.e if you wanna fit into a dress for a special event etc.

I just wanna wish you all the best with your op. Stay positive and good luck xxxxx

its so strange how each hospital has a different liver shrinkage diet. the one your on CC sounds a good one the one im on is just milk, any nas drinks and an oxo drink. i dont know how they all come up with such different ways,

Good luck CC you will be fine on the low cal diet of that suits you better. Keep your eye on the prize and do your best thats all you can do. Will be waitingto hear how you get on and keeping every possible thing crossed for you

M

Hi CC, Congratulations on sorting out your surgery and date :D

I'm on the slimfast pre-op diet although today i exchanged one of the shakes for a tin of veg soup ( it was lower calorie/fat and sugar so i figure it should be ok)

One thing i'm finding that helps is keeping my fluids UP. I think i've managed 4 litres of NAS squash today , although i'm peeing for England lol

Well done on the weight loss as well :553:

Thanks so much guys and dolls. Had a big blip today as I was out at the Westfields (in London) with my friend and could've chewed my hand off with hunger. I got back about 1 hour ago so you see how long I've been out. Tomorrow being All Fools Day I shall count my blessings and buckle down. I've a meeting in Birmingham to attend and will be on me bestest behaviour - whether I choose the food or shake option x.

Thanks so much xx

Back