• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

14 days post opp and feeling hungrey alot more

kee28

i feel like i could eat anything i even had 2 bits of pizza at a party last night i know im bad :mad: but it was so nice but then when i went home i went to bed and woke up in pain and felt quiet ill i dont know why . prob the pizza i dont know wht to do because i seem to be chosing the rong food even tho i try hard not to i have my band filld on the 6 march and carnt wait as i need the restriction there i think ill ask them to fill it right up heheheh :8855: any one got any nice tips for some tasty fat free food im goig to make a veg soup myself any tips thanks x x x x x x x x

i feel like i could eat anything i even had 2 bits of pizza at a party last night i know im bad :mad: but it was so nice but then when i went home i went to bed and woke up in pain and felt quiet ill i dont know why . prob the pizza i dont know wht to do because i seem to be chosing the rong food even tho i try hard not to i have my band filld on the 6 march and carnt wait as i need the restriction there i think ill ask them to fill it right up heheheh :8855: any one got any nice tips for some tasty fat free food im goig to make a veg soup myself any tips thanks x x x x x x x x

hey - not sure what advice to give (no experience of gastric band surgery) but just wanted you to know that you have our support......

Debz xx

you will be more hungry now, as the initial restriction felt is only op swelling, when that goes normal eating returns, try a little mash, soft veg and gravy, that should be more filling than soup but not as harsh as pizza

Pizza is too hard chick that will be why its hurting you, your pouch will be sore and swollen from surgery and it needs time to heal....Liz made a good suggestion go back to soft foods till its healed up properly. Let us know how you get on and if you want any help with what to eat just shout there are loads of us on here that are further on then you and can help with suggestions....hope this helps...xx

Hi Kee

I think you need to seek dieticians advice from a hospital or doctor as to what are good choices after gastric surgery, where you not seen by a dietician?

Pizza would definitely NOT appear on that list. The reasons for this are the dough is a real trouble maker as it gets stuck, as it compresses to a hard ball then re-expands once it hits the stomach or in our case a tiny pouch. That is why you experienced pain. The other reasons not to eat pizza too close to surgery is that it is high in calories and fat and holds no real nutrional value.

My surgeon told me that the only patient he has ever had to remove a band from was a lady that went home and within 2 weeks ate pizza. He told me that I could try after 3 months and I did but still get the odd bit stuck.

Basically what you need to look at first is your protein levels. Good sources of protein are chicken, turkey, eggs, cheese (low fat if possible), mushrooms, soya products and quorn.

Then you need your vitamins and nutrients from vegetabales and fruit.

Then you can have some carbs but avoid heavy stuff like pasta, rice, white bread. Toasted bread goes down better than untoasted.

A typical day for me will include....micro oats with some kind of fruit in for breakfast, made with soya milk (light), then half hour later a cup of tea.

Lunch is often a hearty soup, such as parsnip or scotch broth with some grated cheese and possibly half a slice of toast (but often end up leaving the toast)

Dinner would be chicken, with loads of steamed veg and possibly half a jacket potato or 1-3 roast potatoes (small).

I rarely snack in between but if I do, it might be a biccie dunked in my tea or a yoghurt or some fruit.

Please do not do pizza again for a while....try new things like healthy steamed fish or chicken. These will keep you fuller much longer.

I hope this has not sounded harsh and helps you in some way. Its all a learning curve using this tool we have been given.;)

thanks every one i will defo not bee eating pizza again thats for sure i had to learn the hard way . i think but it scared me and i dont want to feel like that again so i have gone bk on to soft food and will again till i see my diettision in 3 weeks time . i can defo say i dont want to ever jepidise my band as i have been losing weight so far with out any restriction due to watching what i eat but yes me going bk to my old habbits i had to have the pizza i hate my self for that but wont do it again thanks so much every one for the advice i fel rillt silly now for doing it but i have learnt

Don't beat yourself up over it sweetie, just dust off and start again tomorrow...we all stray from the path now and then (that's why we are all here in the first place)

How much weight have you lost?:)

kee the band comes with a learning curve, most of us banders have eaten things we shouldnt, just because the bands in situ it doesnt stop the cravings for bad foods, that resistance to those cravings will come in time when you learn more about the band and you together as 1. it takes time but it does become easier as time goes on.

ps. hunger can often be mistaken for thirst, have an ice water or even a cuppa soup, this takes the edge off a fair bit i find.

liz x

yes i do lots, but its about making the right food choices if we make the wrong food choices ie. slider foods like ice cream, choc, cakes ect the weight loss will stop.

teen dont u ever get the head hunger cravings ?

My days are mixed, some I am, some I am not. Usually prior to my period I have a bout of hunger but I had that prior to band.

Bypassers get hungry too, weather that is real or head hunger and you are at very early days;)

i will be 4 years banded on march 22nd the head hunger cravings have never left me, i was deluded they would but they never have, i just come to terms with they are part of my life long battle with my weight :hmm:

yes i do lots, but its about making the right food choices if we make the wrong food choices ie. slider foods like ice cream, choc, cakes ect the weight loss will stop.

teen dont u ever get the head hunger cravings ?

Not as yet no. Sometimes I forget to eat then have to warm some soup up lol Its really straight as before I was always hungry I miss my tummy rumble lol

thats gr8 teen im glad things are going well 4 u xxx

head hunger is a craving u want a certain bad food because u crave it. or u want it thro habbit as in old habbits return.

Chuckles teen i also have not had head hunger, or felt hungry, i am 4 weeks post op now as well, and i have to watch that i do eat. Easy now while i am still off work. I make a new dish each day have one portion and freeze the rest in portion sizes. Hope i can work out whats what when i return to work LOL

This morning I got up and thought I had better have some breakfast were as before It would have been right what can I have and it would be my first thought Is really strange. Not craved anything yet. Thought it would kill me to see the girls eating chocolate but it hasnt bothered me at all and that was one of my downfalls

thanls all for ur support it rilly helps well today is another day and i have started with a new out look and have planed my meals for the week so i know what im going to have lol i am also going to k a veg soup to eat if i get hungrey as this will have all the vitamins and goodness that i need but just want to say thanks so much i dont know what i would do with out all ur support x x x x

Back