• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

14 days post opp and feeling hungrey alot more

i got up thoguht about breakfast, went to do something else, and suddenly it was gone 10am ops.... so went and did myself a pouched egg which i had with a very small piece of toast, i cut a bap down to a thin slice and toasted it. My first on both, did not add and spread to the toast, and nibbled it slowly. now i have to think about lunch in a couple of hours time.... which means me coming up with a new idea

Im still on blended for this week so sticking to wholesome soup as I dont like puree food its minging will start soft on Friday look forward to that

I had real hunger pangs yesterday. Not sure if it's beacuse I have started real food, or because I was out in the cold most of the day or what, but couldn't seem to get full. Then last night I started picking and felt like I ate tons and still didn't feel full!! In the cold light of day, I didn't really eat tons but has scared me a bit as it's the first time since pre op that I have felt 'out of control' and in the old days it would have turned into a full scale binge!! I only lost a pound this week, which again I'm not pleased about, but I did lose four last week, so trying not to feel down about it, but it has 'wobbled' me a bit!!

You will be fine Grom you have done really well up to yet. We will all have one of them days but you just have to forget it and get back to normal

Not as yet no. Sometimes I forget to eat then have to warm some soup up lol Its really straight as before I was always hungry I miss my tummy rumble lol
Hey you can have mine Tina, its really loud and painful!! lol x

OOOOO allie are you suffering hun I couldnt do that much milk. You are a better woman than me

OOOOO allie are you suffering hun I couldnt do that much milk. You are a better woman than me
Its hard really hard, but hey ho, i'm finding my self discipline from somewhere! lol, Hows you chuck? I am having a good whine on my blog! x

Im ok thanx still sore but not to bad Just playing poker on facebook lol. Just had a bit of tea well 2 small carrots and some gravy couldnt manage the rest

Head hunger - when i have head hunger or deisre something i go and have it - to deny one's self is the first step towards failure !
Actually it works because once i've had it i realise that i really didn't want it and my resistance is back :D

I dont know if its head hunger I suppose it must be.
I will have bought all my food shopping and I will know that there is something in the fridge or pantry i.e. chicken bbq wings or a packet of tesco onion ring crisps or a sausage roll (I am a savory girl) and I want them even if i have only had tea and hour ago. - My hubby just looks !!
This only happens at a weekend (probably cause thats when we have nicer food in) or is it to do with the fact I have a couple of drinks at a weekend !!!! not too sure
I dont think I ever feel hungry, I most of teh time dont eat a thing all day then just have my tea at 7pm then a bath then bed ! I think that might be part of teh problem, my body just does not have time to wake up before i feed it and then send it back to bed haha !
My weight management course is tackling part of this and is trying to make me eat 3 meals a day which I am trying really hard to do even if its just a bite of toast first thing.
Well I have totally gone off topic on this sorry babe x
Helen
x

I had real hunger pangs yesterday. Not sure if it's beacuse I have started real food, or because I was out in the cold most of the day or what, but couldn't seem to get full. Then last night I started picking and felt like I ate tons and still didn't feel full!! In the cold light of day, I didn't really eat tons but has scared me a bit as it's the first time since pre op that I have felt 'out of control' and in the old days it would have turned into a full scale binge!! I only lost a pound this week, which again I'm not pleased about, but I did lose four last week, so trying not to feel down about it, but it has 'wobbled' me a bit!!

Hi Grom.. sorry you had a bad day yesterday but what you described is exactly how my week as been. I started picking and stopped eating meals and while I felt that I must have eaten loads and loads, in reality it was nothing compared to what I used to eat.. the odd thing that I should n't be eating slipped in there too, few wotsits, actually the odd packet (i'm talking over the week, mostly the last 4 days), a few muller corner yoghurts which I never eat, always have muller lights plus a few other things. I was panicking thinking I must have put a few pounds back on and it was made worse by the fact that I had an appointment with my surgeon this morning and really thought he was going to be disappointed in my weightloss in the 3 weeks since I last saw him. Bravely I stood on my scales this morning, first time in 4 days expecting to have gained but I'd actually lost a pound so things were n't as drastic as I thought although the main problem for me was n't that I had eaten the things, was more that I felt like I had lost total control and that was n't a feeling I was happy about at all. I think we all have times like this but we have to see tomorrow as another day and another oppertunity to get back on the straight and narrow. Last night I gave myself a good talking to and decided that today was going to be a fresh start and back to 3 meals a day and no snacking and I did it and I'm feeling great... last 4 days while I've been out of control I've felt really crappy. On the plus side my surgeon was more than happy with my weightloss in the last 3 weeks... 7 kilos so I was worrying for nothing.

Your doing fab Grom and I love reading about your journey.. keep it up, I'm, as are many others so proud of you :)

Thanks Alia that really means a lot xx
Your weight loss is amazing! And well done for getting back on track.
I know we can't expect our bad eating habits to disappear over night just cos we have had the op, and we shouldn't be hard on ourselves but it's difficult some times! And we are always harder on ourselves!!
I had a good 'in control' day yesterday and intend to do the same again today.

Im a savory girls too!! and what happens to me is... if i have a plate full of food i have to finish it... no matter what! even when i feel full and i say " i cant eat no more" i stop, but if i dont take the food out of sight i do start to eat little bits until is finished.

With the band now, it is changing, but i do feel the temptation... im just scared that the band might slip or something. but as i dont have any restriction i feel i could eat ANYTHING!

What i have noticed now is.. that while im eating, i can feel a little unpacient, i was used to bite, chew a few times and swallow and probably have a sip of juice, now i chew until i feel the food has the texture of a paste and then swallow(and that takes a while) but what i really want to do is swallow quick and have a sip of water LOL, but i cant, so at times the whole situation makes me cranky! is unintentional but i have realized that im getting those feelings.

I wonder if anyone else feels like that too?

Back