• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

17 days post op...first time eating out

sheffieldamanda

I am still on the puree stage & was in town having not had any breakfast, so stopped at a cafe. Didn't fancy soup for breakfast......so guess what my option was......2 baby yoghurts!! Ha ha & very nice they were too! Will be glad in a couple of weeks when I can have a nice poached egg or omlette!

Hot chocolate made with milk is always a good choice! Unless you're a bypassed as I think it's too sweet! My treat these days is a small costa hot chocolate!

I ask them (Costa) to make my hot. Hoc at half strength, still chocolate-y enough but less sugar & calories as well as risk of dumping

Oh they are amazing!! Starbucks is ok but better in America. I've just had an options hot Choc with milk!

You are all chocaholics! Lol!! I had a highlights the other day but I wasn't that bothered. My tooth has always been savoury, not sweet x

I must say since my sleeve I've lost interest in ice cream, that was one of my favourites! I've tried it once since op and threw it up so avoided it since! I have never had a savoury tooth but do miss some foods now!

Funnily you say about ice cream and dumping. I work for McDonalds, and my one treat prior to my bypass used to be once a week having the latest mcflurry. Now if I have it I get dumping syndrome and extreme tiredness shortly after having it, followed by the usual sickness/frothies. So avoid it like the plague, my treats now are watered down summer berries capri-sun and sugar free ice poles. :) Good luck with going out eating, my bariatric nurse gave out cards that we can show to restaurant workers and ask for smaller meals/childrens menu and for them to advise you of any meals that are high sugar/fat or calorific. So far only a couple of places have refused to accept it... I went to pizza hut with a friend and they kindly let me have my one bowl of salad for free as my friend ordered a pizza. such a kind thing to do. :)

I can eat other sweet stuff..kitkat chunkys are my favourite treat! The sugar In ice cream must just hit like a train! I have no probs getting kids meals anywhere, get odd looks like I must have an eating disorder.

The sugar in ice cream does just that, I avoid anything really high in sugar as don't want to after affects of dumping. I am happy with my healthy diet, and my occasional treats like icy poles (sugar free). :) x

Back