• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Just back from 2 days away

foxylady

Just checking back in properly after getting back from a couple of days in Yorkshire. We like shopping in Sheffield Meadowhall, so booked a hotel on the outskirts of Rotherham. It was a little further out than we normally stay, but it had a lovely pub next door so there was no hardship ;)

I stuck to plan MOST of the time :p I was able to have yoghurts in the hotel for breakfast- I was naughty in that I had a scoop of scrambled egg also (but chewed well) and had a little tuna and mashed potato in the pub. I am not really supposed to have these yet as I'll be 2 weeks post op tomorrow. My band has no restriction yet, so I guess I could have been more naughty! The truth is, I didn't feel like it, a few weeks ago I wouldn't have thought twice about cheating on a major scale. My hubby and the girls were happily eating MaccyDs yesterday, but I just had a coffee :), so that was good.

As I see it, this will be the first and last time of going away that I'll be this restricted in what I can have. Obviously, my choices will change a lot from the past, but more normal textures will be most welcome :p

I haven't weighed myself for a few days, but I'm on about 23lb down in the last month, so I've gotta say that I'm proud of myself :bliss:

Glad you had a good time away . . .

I am not really supposed to have these yet as I'll be 2 weeks post op tomorrow. My band has no restriction yet, so I guess I could have been more naughty!

Do follow the guidelines set by your provider, there are very good reasons why they set the guidelines they do, place the limits that they do on the foods you can eat and when . . .you are risking your band, stretching the pouch and doing damage for the sake of a couple of days . . . .I don't know if that risk is ever worth it?!

There could be plenty of time that your band doesn't have restriction, but that control of what goes into your mouth will only come from you . . .it isn't about being naughty, but taking potential risks, for your band, for you and how it works. Is that worth it? I don't believe it is.

TopKat is SO right !!!

But good you had a nice time away. It's good to know that life carries on. It was about this time in my recovery that my latte addiction started !!

I know what you mean about the Latte's! Just to reassure you, I am not about to compromise my plans, so am definitely back on with what I should be doing!

Back