• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

19 days to go...

Jessie Hinds

I'm heading to Spire Parkway Hospital on 20 November for a Gastric Bypass. I am now on the LSD, using ASDA shakes and having a meal in the evening.

I STILL don't believe that it will work, i suppose i had resigned myself to being like this for life so wont believe it until it happens i don't think!

Is anyone else booked in/just started?

How is it going?

I am nervous about general anaesthetic... How was it?

Sorry for all the questions .... EEEKKKK!!

I've been watching episodes of Fat Doctor on YouTube which is making me so excited!

I'm heading to Spire Parkway Hospital on 20 November for a Gastric Bypass. I am now on the LSD, using ASDA shakes and having a meal in the evening.

I STILL don't believe that it will work, i suppose i had resigned myself to being like this for life so wont believe it until it happens i don't think!

Is anyone else booked in/just started?

How is it going?

I am nervous about general anaesthetic... How was it?

Sorry for all the questions .... EEEKKKK!!

I've been watching episodes of Fat Doctor on YouTube which is making me so excited!

Hey, just wanted to say best of luck on your journey :)

I also felt exactly the same. Even though I knew I was having the surgery and that it had worked for so many people, I had resigned myself to the fact that it would fail or I would fail. I even think that still sometimes, even though I’m almost 6 stone down from my heaviest (almost 5stone since pre-op diet).

I was so very nervous about being put to sleep, I had and still have very bad anxiety problems and I was convinced that I wouldn’t wake up. My team at the hospital made me feel so comfortable and reassured me that health and youth was on my side. They gave me something before going down to surgery to relax me and it really does the trick. I was speaking to the nurses about my micro bladed eyebrows minutes before going to sleep.. it’s great!

If you have any questions I’d be happy to answer.

Good luck x

Just wanted to say welcome to the forums and wish you good luck! I had gastric bypass in March this year and have lost around 10 stones so far. Being mentally prepared is vital for long term success so my advice is always: make sure you do your research. You will lose weight without even trying in the beginning, but it is really important that you use the first year to try and re-program your habits, because it will get more challenging the further out you get. While you won't be able to eat large portions in one sitting, you can still easily "cheat" surgery and clock up calories by snacking on the wrong things throughout the day.

This was my first ever surgery so like you I was nervous about the general anaesthesia. So nervous that they drugged me up a bit beforehand to calm me down! I honestly don't even remember them starting to put me to sleep. I remember being on the table and them prepping me, I remember my surgeon entering and me looking at him - next thing I remember is waking up. I did find the whole waking up experience quite unpleasant, because I was in a very confused state and didn't really get what was happening, where I was or why I was in pain. Once they gave me morphine I drifted back to sleep and slept for most of the day though.

Back