• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

1st appointment 3rd teir

Yes I do, can't wait now I know it's a while but there's still that goal there which is great. I think it will be another one to one as the next appointment will be going on to a milk diet, to help reset your mind towards food and show commitment I've been referred for sleep apnea test too although I'm not sure I have this xxx wow I bet you can't wait is yours a one to one ??? Xx

Exciting times!

Interesting to hear about milk diet... I thought that milk diet often takes place at the end of the process to shrink liver?? You sound like you're feeling really positive. Woop! :D

Good to get checked out for SA. I kind of knew I had it before I got tested but not everyone does, and getting it treated has made such a difference. Felt like death before, and I think the tiredness was making me reach for more sugary foods for an energy boost.

You're right, I can't wait! The month between my first app and this next one is passing very slowly. The app next Fri is a one-to-one but after that I'm not sure what the format will be. I'm not sure if the 12 month countdown has started for me yet but I hope so as I was officially in the system from 17th June so... fingers crossed that I've nearly done a 12th of my time??!!

xxx

Exciting times! Interesting to hear about milk diet... I thought that milk diet often takes place at the end of the process to shrink liver?? You sound like you're feeling really positive. Woop! :D Good to get checked out for SA. I kind of knew I had it before I got tested but not everyone does, and getting it treated has made such a difference. Felt like death before, and I think the tiredness was making me reach for more sugary foods for an energy boost. You're right, I can't wait! The month between my first app and this next one is passing very slowly. The app next Fri is a one-to-one but after that I'm not sure what the format will be. I'm not sure if the 12 month countdown has started for me yet but I hope so as I was officially in the system from 17th June so... fingers crossed that I've nearly done a 12th of my time??!! xxx

I always thought the feeling like death was because of my illness if its sa and is fixable so easily I will be sooooo happy I too am the same tiredness is making me reach for sugary things to keep me awake at work lol, wow that's awesome not long now so we're about the same place ? my next appointment is on 11th August so only 3 weeks or so, for some reason I think it will feel faster seeing every month or so ?. Wow I never thought of it like that 1 month down lol ?

Morning! Yes I think we are roughly in same place on the process. Second appt today for me, eep. I know it'll be fine but still anxious, and I have to go straight to a funeral after so am going to appt all in black!

How's the milk diet going? x

You're right, I can't wait! The month between my first app and this next one is passing very slowly. The app next Fri is a one-to-one but after that I'm not sure what the format will be. I'm not sure if the 12 month countdown has started for me yet but I hope so as I was officially in the system from 17th June so... fingers crossed that I've nearly done a 12th of my time??!!

xxx

Hey Meg

I can see you're doing Tier 3 at Gloucester Royal so I can help you on that as that's where I went too :)

On your next appointment she'll (Did you have Janet Passey?) ask you if you want to do one-to-one or group sessions and, from memory, she'll give you a bit of homework which was essentially a chart thing for you to prioritise your issues with food and try and work on each one in turn. For instance mine was not eating regularly and eating too fast. I was told that I'd get an appointment with the consultant surgeon and it would be the surgeon who would set the weight loss goal that needed to be achieved during the process. I was told the process would last approximately 12 months after seeing the consultant.

From my impressions the process was mostly a dab of looking at eating behaviours, nutrition advice if needed and a bit of Cognitive Behaviour Therapy thrown in. It is a bit 'cookie cutter - one size fits all' so I'd imagine that some people get more of it out of others.

Hey Meg

I can see you're doing Tier 3 at Gloucester Royal so I can help you on that as that's where I went too :)

On your next appointment she'll (Did you have Janet Passey?) ask you if you want to do one-to-one or group sessions and, from memory, she'll give you a bit of homework which was essentially a chart thing for you to prioritise your issues with food and try and work on each one in turn. For instance mine was not eating regularly and eating too fast. I was told that I'd get an appointment with the consultant surgeon and it would be the surgeon who would set the weight loss goal that needed to be achieved during the process. I was told the process would last approximately 12 months after seeing the consultant.

From my impressions the process was mostly a dab of looking at eating behaviours, nutrition advice if needed and a bit of Cognitive Behaviour Therapy thrown in. It is a bit 'cookie cutter - one size fits all' so I'd imagine that some people get more of it out of others.

Ooooohhh yay thanks sundown!! I've been on the lookout for a NHS Glos service user. I so so so much appreciate you giving me some info on how it'll work. My first appt was with Amy Fletcher (psychologist) and today's will be too. Not sure after that.

How soon after referral to Tier 3 did you get an appt with the consultant surgeon?

Thanks again! Just heading off to Beacon House now......... Excited/nervous! xxx

Back