• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

1st appointment L&D

you'll be poohing white maltesers :D:D:D:D:D drink plenty of water to keep your intestines working properly as the milk will be used as a food and not as a drink :dancing_snowman: sorry about the dancing snowman but i wanted to see how he looked :D:D:D

Last edited:
Hope I get passed through the system as quickly as you seem to be doing, haven't heard anything from hospital yet, but it has only been six days!!! Going for blood tests this afternoon locally as my nurses appointment was cancelled on Thursday due to sickness. Just hope they send them to Luton quickly, having others done at the same time, and last time that happened hospital got their results but my GP's tests got lost in the system.

Meant to say, love the posts you give, tells me exactly what I want to know and answers all my questions

WOW!!!!!!!!!! Just got letter through post with my triple appointments with Nurse, Psychologist & Dietician, for the 30th August.:eek::):eek::):eek:

Wow Chris - that is even less than mine at 4 weeks in between :)
Very Big Chris - I wanted to ask about the constipation thing. The dietician said about Fibrogel so I bought some yesterday. But they were quite expensive so don't fancy spending lots of money on them if I don't need them. I have taken 1 sachet today and will see if this is enough as the instructions say 1 or 2 per day.

Very Big Chris/Joffy01582 - did you take Fibrogel or did you take something else instead? (apart from tomatoes!)

Good luck Joffy01582 and Chris2710 for 30th August :)

Wow Chris - that is even less than mine at 4 weeks in between :)
Very Big Chris - I wanted to ask about the constipation thing. The dietician said about Fibrogel so I bought some yesterday. But they were quite expensive so don't fancy spending lots of money on them if I don't need them. I have taken 1 sachet today and will see if this is enough as the instructions say 1 or 2 per day.

Very Big Chris/Joffy01582 - did you take Fibrogel or did you take something else instead? (apart from tomatoes!)

Good luck Joffy01582 and Chris2710 for 30th August :)

was that you in black on tuesday ?

The nurse warned me to ask my GP for "industrial strength" laxative. I was prescribed Movicol. I sachet each day you don't "go". Never has any problems from then on!!

i'll be have my op on that day ;)

Oooh, good luck, I'll think of you while I'm there, first appointment 1.30pm last at 4pm.
How long did it take for you to work through the system at L&D?

its my second time around at the l&d as i had my name put forward by the obesity clinic 3 years ago but i declined it as i thought that i'd try will power and dieting ..................... my insulin usage has gone up so the bypass was thought to be the best way forward for me

Hi Chris - Please feel free to stalk me on the board :)

I have just come back from my 2nd set of appointments today.It is only just over 4 weeks since my 1st appointment and the nurse told me today that up until quite recently the 1st and 2nd appointments were running 4 months apart so we are quite lucky at the minute :). I start the milk diet tomorrow and have to go back 4 weeks today to see how I am getting on :eek:. Apparently they give you up to 9 weeks to lose 5% of your body weight.

The appointments today went well but to be honest the nurse's appointment was mostly a duplication of what I went through with the doctor on my initial appointments in July so I am not quite sure what the point of this one was. Although she did give me some further information on all the procedures and some leaflets and asked me what my expectations are. Then the dietician's appointment was to run through my eating patterns and to give me the info on the milk diet. Lastly the psychologist's appointment ran through my family and weight history and my thoughts/emotions I associate with eating/food.

Just need now to sort out my vitamins, bovril, sf jelly and of course LOTS of milk ready for tomorrow:D

How are you doing with the milk diet??:wavey:

The milk diet is going well so far :) It is only day 4 today but so far it has been much easier than I thought - not sure if that will change a few more days in though! The hardest bit for me is the bovril/oxo cube as I am not keen on them.

Yes Joffy01582 it was me in the black (sitting by the water machine). Were you the young gentleman sitting opposite me?

Last edited:
Well it is now Day 13 of the milk diet and it is still going OK :) I have replaced the Bovril with a Ham stock cube which for me is much better and like drinking liquid bacon :eek:. I have found that homemade coffee milkshake is also my saviour. I dissolve 1 teaspoon coffee and 2 sweeteners in a small amount of hot water then add 1 pint of milk and a handful of ice cubes to the blender. Whizz up and hey presto 1 pint is suddenly nearly 2 pints and tastes yummy. I have this twice a day and a large milky coffee twice a day. I didn't drink much coffee before the diet so think I may have been converted from tea to coffee.

2 more weeks to go and I have already lost 7.4kgs of my 10kgs so I am hopeful that I will have done it by my appointment on 6th Sep :D

Back