• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Abnormal ECG result

mrsmccalla

Hi all, this is my first post, I have been stalking for a long while.

I started my wls journey in November (referred by GP), had my 1st appointment at homerton in Feb and my meeting with Dr Koak was on Friday just gone!

I am eligible for surgery and the consultant said he recommended a sleeve which is what I want but he said my ECG was abnormal. I have had an abnormal egg before but this one showed that when I was having my ecg I was having a heart attack! He didn't seem that concerned and said my case would go to the next MDT but said that I will probably need further tests on my heart!

Has anyone had a similar experience/problem with heart and still had the surgery?

I suffer from health anxiety (fear of dying) and this had sent me slightly over the edge any advice would be greatly appreciated

Happy bank holiday Monday

Hello mrsmccalla
welcome to what I feel is the best site regarding WSL ! Sorry to read about your tests at least it can be sorted out and is not a barrier for them to say no to WLS the guys at homerton are lovely, I had my WLS at homerton and still see them for check ups
very good luck in every thing

If he thought you were in the process of having a heart attack he would have done something about it there & then!
Wait to see if you need further tests, he's a surgeon not a cardiologist.

Thanks Los in it and JJJ for your replies! My anxiety went through the roof after my appointment but I went to Gp yesterday and he said the same thing! Im ok now just excited to hear back from Homerton after the mdt meeting. How long do you think I should wait before I start calling to chase! I sit here everyday reading about the successes of wls and I'm ready to have my own success story

Last edited:
So my update is: the surgeon wrote to my GP regarding my abnormal ECG's my GP was quite dismissive of this and didn't think I had any real evidence of heart disease or heart problems but referred me for a 24hour ECG which monitored my heart for 24hrs. I had this done on Thursday-Friday. Today i received a call from the GP surgery saying they need to see me, booked an appointment for tomorrow. So I am back to anxiety and panic being out of control!, but have to try to calm myself till I see them tomorrow.

I am only 31 and am petrified that I will die of a heart attack and be refused life saving surgery because of my potential heart problem.

Has any one had a gastric sleeve or WLS despite heart problems/condition or does this mean I will be refused surgery?

Last edited:
Good luck sweet and all the best x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I feel like a right wolly! Dr wanted to see me just to confirm that all was well and ask me if there was anything else they could write to the surgeon to support my case.

Nothing wrong with my heart!

So I called homerton today spoke to a lovely lady who is the MDT coordinator and she confirmed that my case is being discussed next Thursday and I will know by the following Monday whether I have the go ahead or not! I asked her if all is well and I don't need any further tests or to provide further evidence how long before surgery and she said AUGUST is a possibility! I nearly cried for joy!

Thanks to this forum I am soooo excited about the surgery and the possibility of being slim, healthy and maybe even able to have another baby in the future! I have never been slim, big even since a chlld so I'm finally ready to embrace life without anything holding me back!

Thanks for all your kind words

X

Glad it's all ok!

I know how you feel. I was sent an appointment with the Cardiac Consultant through the post with no explanation or pre-warning, so you automatically think the worse!

Back