• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

1st fill & barium xray info

Helen louise

Is it possible for someone to go through roughly what happens at your first fill? I have an appointment on 19th to see my consultant at 10am & a barium xray at 10.45

I didn't have an xray at my first fill or at my 2nd (my provider only use it if there's a query or issue with the band), but I just had to turn up, weighed etc (nil by mouth for 4 hours prior) and led down, she poked and prodded to find the band and filled it. Plaster on and away I went after drinking water to make sure it went down ok.

Im sure someone who has had a barium xray will let you know how it goes, apart from just having to drink the liquid :)

I had my first fill with a barium X-ray.

It was pretty much lie at an angle under the X-ray equipment and drink the liquid (didn't taste bad) and see the fluid pass through the band to see how big a pouch had been created, and watch how quickly the fluid passed through the band. Was interesting to see where the band and port were locate in my insides too.

Then after that the doctor decided how much fill to give me (my first one was 7 mils!) before giving me another barium drink to see how much restriction had been created by watching how the liquid passed through the band via X-ray this time.

Once he was satisfied, he sent me off to try my cold and hot drinks to ensure there were no problems...then I left ... Easy / painfree :) sure you will be fine x

Back