• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Barium Xray my results

PinkDaisy

I will do it this time!
Hey guys,

Well after 6 n half months of no restriction!!! I have lost only 2 stone including pre op diet, just over a stone since the op in 6 n half months!!!

Im gutted and to be honest I can eat anything, I have been keeping off bread etc as told by my provider so I know i couldnt have damaged the band, I have not felt any restriction at all! The odd time if I take a big bite of something and dont chew properly I do bring it back up, does this mean band is in right place?? I dont know :sigh:

I have 7.5mls in my 11ml band. After my 4th fill 2mths ago she said if I didnt feel any different after 5 days I had to tell her and she would arrange xray barium meal which is tomorrow!

Im dreading it but hope to find out that all is ok and just need more fill, has anyone had this problem, I dont even have a little bit of restriction 7.5 has made no difference and thats why I have put on half a stone in last 2mths, im devestated and just want things sorted.

I have already been told by my provider that if something is wrong they will cover everything to sort it out so i wont pay another penny, Im in half a mind that if I did have to have the op agen id rather have the bypass, i wish id just had the guts first time round, anyway, ur thoughts wud be great xxx

Fingers crossed for tomorrow, hope things go well for you. xx

:)Hi pinkdaisy:)
I'm not a gambling woman-lol but I'm also fingers crossed for you tomorrow
xxx

Fingers crossed for you xx
I am a bypasser and so am very pro-bypass and I have no qualms in recommending bypasses to people when they are considering it and it is suitable for them.
If you have to go for more surgery or are unhappy with the band and it is in your power to go for a bypass then I would say go for it, yes there are issues and hard times with a bypass too but I have a feeling that you would ROCK a bypass!!
Steph xx

Sorry to hear it's so slow for you. I hope it's something they can sort out easily.
Take care

I shall be watching very closely , as i'm early days as a bander , fingers crossed it will all be sorted soon , please let us know the outcome ,as i am fast losing faith in these bands and wish i had been more assertive in getting a bypass, but too late now .

It sounds like you are having a rotten time of it. I am a bypasser but I know there are banders on here who have had great success with their weight loss, so please dont give up all hope yet. I will keep fingers crossed that things will be sorted tomorrow. :fingerscrossed:Good luck and do let us know how it goes.

Good luck today Verity, let me know how you get on x

Good luck with today's finding, hoping you just need another fill to fix the problem, I've had my band about 61/2 months i've got 11.1/2 fill in a 14ml band this is where i think my happy spot is :) if you have another fill of 1ml you will feel a big difference i'm sure, so very best of luck and here's hoping this will kick start your weight loss again......hang on in there!

Hi Verity

Im sure everything will be fine, you more than likely just need another fill. Everyone is different and 7.5 mils might just not be enough for 'you' there are people on here who will have less in theirs and have perfect restriction and likewise people who have a full 9mils or more even in their 9 mil bands.

I held back from getting too many fills early on as I didnt want to get too tight too soon. Bigger fills may have made me lose more but may have meant in the long run being over full, which is not a good thing.

Good luck, let us know how it goes x x

Thanks my little dolls!! Im off to the clinic in 10mins for my scan at 5.30, nervous but hoping all is well x

Well ive been for my scan and they didnt give me results!!! Said they have to send them to my provider, cnt believe it!

Had to have 5-6 mouthfulls of the chalk liquid i cud have puked and also had to drink this fizzy liquid and then more of the chalky stuff, think it was to flush me through then take some more in, she took lots of pics and was looking at them as I left but wouldnt tell me anything so still waiting

Things are never easy lol!

gawd...that's a pain having to wait! I'm having a barium swallow x-ray tomorrow too...my port has flipped again and am facing a 3rd surgery since May 09 :(

I dont know you girls in the north east! hope you get your results soon Verity and good luck today Yvonne x

Back