• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

1st fill today!

gailm

Ad my first fill today and was very easy
I really thought it would be painful but not at all :)
I've now got 5.5ml in so hopefully I have restriction as last 2 weeks I've eaten like a horse and put 2lbs on (eek not good!)
Got another fill booked for 24th of August
Was told to stay on liquids for 3 days then sloppies but already fed up of Just liquid
Can see sloppys heading my way Before Saturday!
Also was told I can start exercising from next Thursday as it's when I'm 6 week out :) yippee already got my Zumba and just dance 2
Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Thats great that you're fill was easy. My first one is booked for 30th August. I've also got Zumba and Just Dance waiting for me! I had a sneaky go at Zumba yesterday but it was too much...I could feel everything pulling around my port wound :( so I stopped.
I'm at the sloppy stage with the food just now, but I'm still frightened thinking something is going to get stuck. I'm struggling to relax because its all so new.

MrsPill said:
Thats great that you're fill was easy. My first one is booked for 30th August. I've also got Zumba and Just Dance waiting for me! I had a sneaky go at Zumba yesterday but it was too much...I could feel everything pulling around my port wound :( so I stopped.
I'm at the sloppy stage with the food just now, but I'm still frightened thinking something is going to get stuck. I'm struggling to relax because its all so new.

Hi MrsP
I did exactly the same with Zumba boy did I know I had over done it was in agony!
And I can understand the worry of things getting stuck but after sloppies it was a doddle could eat anything lol
Can feel the fill this morning I've woke up
Feeling full unlike the last 2 weeks of starvation feeling
How many weeks are you out now?
Xx

Hi MrsP
I did exactly the same with Zumba boy did I know I had over done it was in agony!
And I can understand the worry of things getting stuck but after sloppies it was a doddle could eat anything lol
Can feel the fill this morning I've woke up
Feeling full unlike the last 2 weeks of starvation feeling
How many weeks are you out now?
Xx

I'm glad your feeling full again. Its horrible feeling hungry isn't it.
I'm just into my 3rd week post-op...early days I guess. Had an oatso simple for brekkie- it was good and ate the lot and feel full which is nice. I'm just in a really negative frame of mind just now...I'll snap out of it as I get more confident about the food choices. :)

Gail I'm glad it went well, I get my first fil on 15 August, the day we go on holiday & I'm scared! We are only going to my parents' in Mablethorpe so I told them it might be the next day if I feel sicky or anything. Where is your port? Mine is half-way between my belly button & solar plexus (spelling???) How are you doing on slops/liquids?
xxxx sharon

Did you know where your port was, before you went for your fill? I am intrigued as to where mine is but am swollen still so dont want to be prodding about my stomach at the moment ...

MrsPill said:
I'm glad your feeling full again. Its horrible feeling hungry isn't it.
I'm just into my 3rd week post-op...early days I guess. Had an oatso simple for brekkie- it was good and ate the lot and feel full which is nice. I'm just in a really negative frame of mind just now...I'll snap out of it as I get more confident about the food choices. :)

Well I couldn't believe how hungry I got in 3rd & 4th week it was like I didn't have a band in and ate for England lol
I was upset as I thought what a waste of money but apparently it's normal and once you start getting your fills the restriction kicks in and I must say I've not even thought about food today I've had to force yogurts and soup down
Xxx

voodoo said:
Gail I'm glad it went well, I get my first fil on 15 August, the day we go on holiday & I'm scared! We are only going to my parents' in Mablethorpe so I told them it might be the next day if I feel sicky or anything. Where is your port? Mine is half-way between my belly button & solar plexus (spelling???) How are you doing on slops/liquids?
xxxx sharon

Voodoo

Honestly you have nothing to worry about
It's so painfree and simple and as for the port I thought mine was just under my boobs were the biggest scar is but it's not there it just up to the right of my belly button so wasted my numbing cream haha but tbh it's so quick and simple ya don't feel nothing xx

Travellingman said:
Congrats Gail on your first fill and it being a good experience.

I hope mine in 14 days will be as good.

Thanks travelling man it was so simple
I was expecting pain lol feels much better with restriction today :)
Yours will be a doddle too there so qualified at doing fills x

flutterby1966 said:
Did you know where your port was, before you went for your fill? I am intrigued as to where mine is but am swollen still so dont want to be prodding about my stomach at the moment ...

Well I thought I knew were it was but I was totally wrong lol I even put numbing
Cream on the area I thought haha
It ended up being Just above my
Belly button to the right haha
They don't prob or poke you raise your legs together and lift your head it's just like a little exercise lol very easy quick and simple trust me I was terrified of the needle but was painless I was a little tender till today but feel fine now :)
Xx

bahia said:
hey glad it went well. Been doing the Zumba on the Wii and its fantastic. Enjoy

Hi Bahia
I will be starting Wii at end of next week
Was told not to do it until 6 weeks is up
So best do as I'm told lol
Dying to crack on with exercise though
Xx

Back