• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

1st fill upto 6mls!

Tracey,I feel exactly the same you as I have no idea where my port is?????? What time is your appointment on the 7th? I'm in at 10.20 x
Caroline - ignore my last post as I just saw this one - pity we are missing each other. We should try to organise a get together of those banded at around the same time - ironically meeting for lunch or supper might be nice. If anyone is interested let me know, tell me your location and we will see if we can get somewhere central to all. Tracey xxx

Sounding good girls - rather than do via here to (& if you are happy to) PM me your email addresses and I'll email out to look at dates and pick a location etc. Would be great to meet! Tx

Hi Tracey, I have just tried to pm you my email address but I can't send for some reason???? I will be back home in uk on Monday eve so will message you then! I am assuming that Birmingham or Solihull could be quite a good central location? Can we stuff our faces and get pissed????? ( just joking - wouldn't like to upset any of you'perfect banders' who may read this lol!!!!!)
It would be really great to meet up and hopefully Motivate each other.

Xxx

Hey Lockerz so pleased your first fill went without a hitch. Yes I am one of the horror stories lol... Had two nurses have several attempts and left the clinic with the empty 14ml port I arrived with. I was sent to London a couple of days later to have a fill under xray with barium fluid.
I do have my appointment for my next fill in a couple of weeks but obviously I am a little apprehensive that they are not going to find it again and how many times can they send me for an xray? Lol...
Oh well I will stay optomistic and hope for the best and prepare for the worst. I have 5mls now in my 14ml band but again do not feel any restriction and was told I would probably not feel any till I had a fill of at least 8,9,10 or 11mls.
So nice to hear so many pleasant easy stories, I am glad you had such an easy time of it, of course as it should be ;)

Tracey,I feel exactly the same you as I have no idea where my port is?????? What time is your appointment on the 7th? I'm in at 10.20 x

I would not worry as they knew EXACTLY where my port was as did I, right under my longest scar and they still could not fill it. So knowing or not knowing will not make much difference. They thought mine was on its side, then too deep, then under scar tissue but when I got the xray the surgeon who did it said there was absolutely no problems with my port and that it was not on its side or flipped or under thick scar tissue. So who knows the reasonings of they why's and hows of it all.
I am sure you will be like the majority and have no issues but don't worry about not knowing where your port is, I knew and it was of zero help to me :)

I don't yet but iv done liquid for the last two days maybe I will when I'm back on normal food after mush , or maybe I'll feel different today on mush ill let you know :) xx

Hi Tracey, I have just tried to pm you my email address but I can't send for some reason???? I will be back home in uk on Monday eve so will message you then! I am assuming that Birmingham or Solihull could be quite a good central location? Can we stuff our faces and get pissed????? ( just joking - wouldn't like to upset any of you'perfect banders' who may read this lol!!!!!)
It would be really great to meet up and hopefully Motivate each other.

Xxx
Caroline - LOL - I'm hoping perfect bander might be a myth (if not then I dont think I'm gonna be one although I am trying!). Hoping my first fill will quell my rising appetite, feel like I can eat anything and I already have 5ml in my 14ml band. Txxx

caroline4013 said:
So, I'm really keen to know Emma and QoBC do you feel much difference after your 1st fill? x

Hi caroline I don't feel even slightest tiny bit of difference - after fill I feel a bit funny because I hate being poked about but had soup that evening and then soft food on Friday until evening when I had bread sticks with humous. Today I don't feel any restriction ... I only have 3 mls in 10 ml band and nurse said I won't feel much till 6 or 7 and it'll take another 4 or 5 fills to get there :( no short cut this gastric band lark!! However on plus side I feel well which I didn't with 4 mls post operatively so perhaps I am a sensitive flower (awkward cow?! Possibly??) let us know how you get on xxx

Hey everyone whilst ur on the subject of 1st bandfills my provider phoned me on tuesday saying they had a cancellation on friday if i wanted it! I said is it not too soon as i only had my op 2 wks 3 days ago and she said no its absolutely fine they have said its ok for you to come. So yesterday my friend took the morning off work to take me on the 40 minute trip to spire. I got there took a seat in the waiting room and had the receptionist shout across the room miss white you need to settle the balance before u go in so i told her i paid for an all inclusive package and fills were included she apologised and said my mistake. The nurse took me into the xray room and lay me down got me ready the doctor then came in looked at my scars and said how long have u had u band in so told him just over 2 wks, he then sat me up and told me i had to come bk in 2 weeks as its too soon : o i am so annoyed and am currently trying to find out where this has all come from! Am i wrong to want to complain about this?? Charlie xx

No Charlie, I'd be well p****d off at not only having my time wasted but also the disappointment of not being filled!!!! Wouldn't be happy at someone shouting across a waiting room for all to hear either!!!! I would send an email to the hospital manager saying what you have put in this post.........this is not what you expect when you pay for private health care!!! X

I know i felt so annoyed leaving the hospital after tht its not like im 5 minutes round the corner either!! Im going to phone 1st thing monday and find out who i need to speak to about it, i felt bad on the doctor too coz i could see he was annoyed and kept apologising but it certainly wasnt his fault! I wouldnt mind i wudnt have even been expecting the fill until 5 weeks post op if they hafnt have phoned! Its not like i have asked for it early. Thanks hun sorry for the rant lol xxx

I can't believe they did that Charlie! I remember you saying in another post you thought it was too early... I'd defo be ringing up to complain! We were banded on the same day and my first fill isn't booked till October which will be 8 weeks post op... little longer than I wanted to wait but never mind! Sorry to hear you've had a crap time... hope your still recovering, how you getting on with mushy food? x

Hey hun i kno i couldnt believe they did it after paying 6.500 for a service i at least expect to be given correct appointments at the correct times. They have booked me in for 2 weeks so ill be 4wks3days post op the doctor made tht appointment with me and he is doing it so fingers crossed it will b straight forward nxt time ! So tht day i am having band fill at 11pm dietician at 2.40 and follow up with surgeon at 5.10 so it will be a long boring day of walking round the hospital on my own lol. Apart from yesterday im doing ok thanks ive introduced some soft foods omlette, potato hash, shreddies etc i have started havin a protein shake in the mornings now but im starting to get hunger back now so just reallly controlling portion sizes! Bern really tired the last 3 days have no energy in me at all doctors doing my bloods, bp etc on monday see if im lacking anything. On a good note ive lost inches everywhere in the last month includin nearly 3 inches round my waist : D getting weighed monday will b my 1st weigh in since i started pre-op so feelin nervous. How are you feeling and coping on mushy food? Xx

Meet

Caroline - ignore my last post as I just saw this one - pity we are missing each other. We should try to organise a get together of those banded at around the same time - ironically meeting for lunch or supper might be nice. If anyone is interested let me know, tell me your location and we will see if we can get somewhere central to all. Tracey xxx

Hi Tracey, I am in Kingswinford and would love to have a meet up with everyone, I will PM you my email. Liz xx

So how are you getting on with your 1st fills girls......has it made much of a difference? I can't wait for mine on Friday!!!

L0ckerz said:
I havnt been given my next appointment iv had to ring and all September appointments are gone, I think it's a bit bad really xx

I agree with u surely they should be able to fill u ??
I am waiting to hear from my dietitian then she will tell me when am due for a fill I've had my band in 2weeks and already have a 4ml infill in a 10ml band
The 4ml was put in band during operation and tbh am glad it has x

Lisa

Back