• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

1st post

edge

Hi,all I am new to this forum,I would like to introduce myself,my name is Gail and I am really looking forward to exchanging info and advice.I have been a visitor to this site many times whilst researching info for my bypass operation,finally I have decided that at last this is the way to go after too many years of failed diets.so watch this space!!will keep you posted on my progress,:)

Hi Gail and welcome. Everyone is so nice on here and will support you through your journey. When are you having your surgery? Xxx

Hiya. Welcome so the site shout out if you need anything at all. I had a million questions when I joined and I got my answers and made some cracking mates along the way xxx

Hi Gail :) good luck with everything

Hi and welcome to the best site around
When are you having surgery and what type are you having sorry for being mosey

Nearly at the starting post.

Thanks for the replys guys,hoping to have my gastric bypass done at the end of october,After consulting with my doctor as to my chances of getting the op done on the NHS it appears that I would probably be too healthy to qualify,luckily enough I can just about manage to go private for it.So as you can emagine this is a really big commitment financially.But I think its worth it.I have yet to have my assessment done.At the moment im doing a vlcd to shed a stone as it will make my bypass £1000 cheaper,only got another few pounds to go then blast off.Luckily enough im having my assessment before going on holiday last week in sept 1st week in oct so putting off op till after that,then I have nothing planned for a few months,that will give me time to get over the op etc.The only thing thats troubling me is that i have'nt told work yet what is happening,especially when it comes to taking time off etc,havent got a clue what to tell them,any ideas guys?suggestions would be much appreciated:)

Back