• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

5 weeks after bypass and im now 75% my self

Brett, words fail me. To say you have had it rough is an undestatement. We were keeping an eye on you via FB and Vince did kindly response to my enquiry about you.

I'm so sorry you got a double whammy, but hey, you are here and walking the walk. Walk tall babe and remember, you ain't alone xxx Your trendy mum and zillions of mates will look after you. :hug99:

Oh Brett, what a horrible terrible time you've had. I'm so sorry you have had so much pain and fear (and emotional pain too).

Glad you are on the mend now.

Lv Jen x

Hi Brett
I`m so sorry you had it ruff hun you have been through hell but thank God you`v come out the other side . That's great your mum was there for you , mums are all ways there for their kids it doesn't matter what age they are . It was awful sad reading about you and what you went through . Good luck and take care .
MARGARET XX

Hellooooo stranger!! So glad to hear you're getting better. Sorry to hear the rough time you've had and about your partner. You've got a new shot at life now though so just make sure when you're really well that you make the most of it. Good luck Brett and don't be away for so long next time!!

Hi Brett it is nice to see you here again although I have been keeping an eye on fb to see how you were doing. I am glad that you are now at a point where you are happy you had the surgery. Your struggle to survive was truly hard to read because you are such a great guy and very well loved here on minimins. I am really happy that those dark days are in the past for you now and wish you all the best for your new future.

Congrats on your TERRIFIC weight loss and I look forward to hearing about many more losses from you!

Hugs,
Nic:p

ahhh thanks everyone day by day does it ..

i am feeling much better in my self now ..

i cleaned my car out yesterday most exercise i have had since op and i felt OK .. ice Lolly's are my best friends ..

im at Dr's today to have dressings changed as i have open wounds still cause of the infection coming out ..

but thanks so much guys for all you have said and sorry i haven't posted sooner xx

OMG - what a dreadful time you've had. I read through it with my hand clapped over my mouth! So much pain. I am so happy to hear that you are recovering well now. You had a great team behind you. Your weight loss is amazing. Once your body and your heart have both mended sufficiently there'll be no stopping you! All the best Brett, Zxx

please don't feel that my bypass journey will happen to you cause we are all diff .. i don't think choosing the band over bypass is right by what someone else has gone though is a good choice..

and operation is an operation at the end of the day and the band could go wrong and u could suffer what ever from that ..

in life we make choices for the wrong reasons sometimes i would suggest anyone who is considering any kind of surgery should make sure they pic whats best for them in the long run and not about scary story's ..

if its the bypass you need and would suit Ur lifestyle better go for it you only get one chance at this so make sure you pick the right path xx

Hi Brett
I know where your coming from about surgery in general . I had my 2 kids by C/Section . When I had Conor at 23 my wound was oozing but it healed OK . Then aged 25 when I had Gaynor I was on the table in the middle of the surgery I can remember lifting my head and being sick and going back under well I had to be revived . And I said to myself I`ll never go through surgery again but to be honest I think its a chance worth taken and I live in hope that I get the bypass . Its good to hear you cleaned your car . Good luck and take care .
MARGARET XX

please don't feel that my bypass journey will happen to you cause we are all diff .. i don't think choosing the band over bypass is right by what someone else has gone though is a good choice..

and operation is an operation at the end of the day and the band could go wrong and u could suffer what ever from that ..

in life we make choices for the wrong reasons sometimes i would suggest anyone who is considering any kind of surgery should make sure they pic whats best for them in the long run and not about scary story's ..

if its the bypass you need and would suit Ur lifestyle better go for it you only get one chance at this so make sure you pick the right path xx

Well said Brett! I'm still recovering from a nasty wound infection. Passed out at the GP's and spend 45 mins in his room trying to recover enough to get to my OH in the carpark! We are all so different. Our decisions are individual and our own. x x

Glad to hear you are on the road to recovery at last, I too was alone during my hospital stay and it is scary but you are in the best place with Mum for a while. Well done on your weight loss, Pauline

So sorry that you have been through a rough time.. Pleased to read that you are on the road to recovery Brett.. Hope your feeling better this week. x

Brett so glad you are feeling better within yourself. I am so sorry about your partner that must have added to your pain and misery in hospital and not having family around, I would hate that too.
However you are well now and doing fantastically, and now I know why you moved to Manchester lol.
Take care sweetie and thanks for sharing your terrifying time with us

Love Jay xx

I'm so pleased your on the road to recovery Brett. You and I started our journeys around the same time and I too have had a bit of a difficult time, but I'm glad that you stressed that these problems are in the minority.

Also with regards to the anaesthetic I too got phneumonia twice in the space of three weeks thanks to two lots of surgery but that can happen to anyone having any surgery be it a band or a bypass.

Hope your feeling stronger now.

Bonita
xx

Back