• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2 days until my op

sexysocks

Hey all
I'm having my operation on Wednesday at kings college hospital is there any advise any one can give me of what to take with me or what sort of pain I'll be in after surgery?
Also how long before your aloud to walk about?

Thanks for reading
Sabrina
X

HI, I go into Kings tomorrow for my op, so may see you coming in as I leave !

Who are you under ?

x x

Good luck to both of you!

Good luck both. I had sleeve, not huge amount of pain, morphine for 12 hrs or so then co-codamol fine. Walked about following morning, all absolutely fine xx

Hey all
I'm having my operation on Wednesday at kings college hospital is there any advise any one can give me of what to take with me or what sort of pain I'll be in after surgery?
Also how long before your aloud to walk about?

Thanks for reading
Sabrina
X
Good luck to you both. I took far to much with me - in case I had to stay. The most useful things were wet wipes and moisturiser... And a cushion in the car to put under the seatbelt. I had a bypass and was lucky as I had very little pain. X

I had a bypass and had zero pain, the most painful thing was the cannula in my hand I kept banging!!
I had my op around 4.30pm I was up and walking (just to the loo) about 12 hours later, then around noon I was walking about and having a shower :)
Good luck :)

Good luck to you both.

I am allergic to morphine so had quite a painful experience when I first woke up and for the first day or so(not majorly bad) but from those who have had it with morphine it hasn't seemed to be that bad x

Good luck! I wasn't in too much pain as they kept me topped up with morphine. I was up and walking to the loo a few hour after my op (bypass).

I think I packed way too much, but slippers and a dressing gown, wet wipes, toothbrush, facial wipes and phone charger were all a must for me.

Good luck! I wasn't in too much pain as they kept me topped up with morphine. I was up and walking to the loo a few hour after my op (bypass).

I think I packed way too much, but slippers and a dressing gown, wet wipes, toothbrush, facial wipes and phone charger were all a must for me.

Thank you very much that's very helpful.
:) x

I will do and thank you. Are you nervous at all? I think I've gone through every emotion possible. Where are you having yours done? Xx

Scared sh@tless!!!! Lol

Just keep thinking of the positives.

Am fed up waking up feeling I have failed every day, because I can't stick to a diet

Puffed oot with the constant battle about food

Want to feel attractive instead of just a big blob 'with a really pretty face'!!!!! Don't you just hate that compliment?

Dying to buy clothes I like, instead of settling for what fits me (though by the time I pay off the cost of the surgery for the next couple of years, won't have much money for many clothes)......but my hubby and I talked about it. The money I will save on all the crap I eat and the carry outs, will pay for the op in the long run ;-)

But........still scared sh@tless, never been a brave soldier!

So your not alone.

I was actually telling myself last night that I have lost so much weight this week that I don't need the op. Ha ha. Then reminded myself the only reason I am sticking to this diet is because I am feart not to...want the best chance of a good outcome in surgery without any complications

So go girl! Let's do it :) :) :)

Back