• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sudbury Clinic - change of hospital?

ICAWM

Hello again. I was referred directly to Kings College hospital in London by my sleep apnoea consultant. It's been a long and frustrating road.

I am 38 with BMI around 48 and I'm finding myself so physically (and emotionally restricted) that I need to do something. Soon.

After waiting 7 months for my consultant meeting, I ended up admitted to another hospital with asthma and missed the sodding appointment! Next available appointment - May 2014. I could've curled up and cried. In fact, I did a bit.

So this spurred me into looking at alternatives. My GP had given me a long list of approved bariatric clinics for my PCT (I'm in Kent) so I googled and rang and was amazed to discover that Sudbury Clinic of Streamline Surgical advised that if I had GP funding, from referral I could be done and dusted in EIGHT WEEKS! I was flabbergasted.

Now, it seems entirely sensible to switch - I could be halfway to goal weight by time Kings could see me. And that's before their waiting list. But then the niggles set in - I've not heard any talk of Sudbury. Why are they so quick? What's the catch? Their surgeon bios naturally look great and their revision and mortality rates are brilliant.

Can anyone offer any input - any experiences of this clinic to share please?