• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2 down 1 to go :)

hope all went well 2day wiv ur tt xx

Reactions: Bev
Been thinking of you and do hope all went well. Love and hugs xxx

I should have posted earlier, but have been busy ;)

Linda's op went well. She was back on the ward mid afternoon and was relatively pain free. I will post any more updates if i get any x

Hope your tt went well! Wishing u a speedy recovery x can't wait to see yours pics and hear all about it! Six wks to go for me can't wait! Take care x

You will be fine it's like having the bypass again where you can't move lol but they took the corset off today to change the dressing and OMG it looks bloody amazing. It looks better than I thought it would but the pain from the corset is hurrendous it feels like my chest is being caved in

Hi staffyblpnde, so glad u r doing well,I can't compare op to bypass as I haven't had bariatric surgery but bet it's horrendous as been warned lol! It'll all be worth it though I'm sure! Hope you carry on doing well, happy healing x

Hi staffyblpnde, so glad u r doing well,I can't compare op to bypass as I haven't had bariatric surgery but bet it's horrendous as been warned lol! It'll all be worth it though I'm sure! Hope you carry on doing well, happy healing x

I had no pain from my bypass or the tummy tuck, infact I had no pain relief with either but I have been told I have a very high pain threshold but it's the pain from the corset as it is so tight, not being able to stand straight, trying to get up the stairs, getting in and out of bed, it's the things we take for granted that hurt lol and what ever you do don't laugh or sneeze by god that hurts. I walked over the road to my friends house yesterday but when I got back I had to go to bed for 3 hours I was knackered lol but other than that everyday gets easier, I was able to sleep on my side last night (4 days post op) it hurt to get on my side but once there I had a decent nights sleep :). Won't be long now and you will be done and dusted :) I've got to admit I did regret having the op and cried in the hospital because of it but I think that's more to do with thr lack of care than anything else but thats another story but as each days goes by I feel a little better and I think once I start to see the finished results I will be so glad I had it done as it was something I was so looking forward to having done

I did ask and was told it between 2 to 3 lbs which don't sound alot but looking at the before and after pictures they removed at least 2 inches from each side of my belly button, I was also told to buy the next size nighties ect because of the swelling but I can get into my size 8/10 with ease so I'm just wondering what size I will be when all the swelling has gone down.

I've got to go back tomorrow to have my dressings changed and then to see my plastic surgeon on Thursday :) I cant wait for all the dressings and corset to come off and see the results :)

Hi msb wow sounds like gd progress being made, gd luck for dressing change and revealing your new tummy! How long were u in after? Did they chuck u out or was it your descision to come home? Have u still got drains in? Sorry for all the quests!! Take care Hun xx

I went in hospital on Wednesday at 8am, theatre at 10am,back on ward around 3pm but that was due to my bp dropping and me being unresponsive in recovery :(

my ps came to see me on Thursday morning, he changed the dressings and said he wanted me out of bed but due to staff shortages this never happened and I had to be given morphine at 5am Friday morning due to pain in my back n feet from being stuck in the same place for 2 days.

I got out of bed at my insistance on Friday morning, ps came to see me and said if nothing more went in the drains, they could come out and I could go home which I had requested as I feel you can recover better at home and the care was none existent and I felt degraded being put on a bed pan by 2 male nurses no older than myself :(

The drains were removed OMG that's a strange feeling and I was home by 8pm Friday night and getting better ever day :)

You ask away him it's the only way we can learn the truth :)

Back