• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2 week post op and no Diabetes?

Lisalooloo

Well I am now 2 weeks post op, it's been quite a journey so far!
Firstly thank you to all that wished me well for my Op, it was really kind and much appreciated. I am so sorry I did not get a chance to respond, I felt so bad, by the time I plucked up the courage to post on here, next day I was in dolan park and Op done. The first week was quite horrible, not for the post op pain or anything, but I had a reaction to something and was covered with Hives, itching! Horrendous is not the word. After having to take piriton, and 3 days of steroids ( 6 tabs at once) it finally cleared up thank god!

So here I am 2 weeks post op, today I am allowed mushy foods - yummy!

The biggest and bestest thing so far, which is truly amazing and makes me feel really teary is my diabetes/insulin resistance has gone! It sounds to be good to be true but all the symptoms I had have just gone! Mr Super told me this would happen, but i didn't actually believe him lol. I used to have to go to the loo over 25 times a day, about 5 in the night, drank about 2 litres minimum of diet coke and more water. I now only go to the loo 3 times a day - how crazy is that. For the first time in nearly 3 years I don't have blurry eyes all day, I am not swollen, and I can actually see the top of my belly ( was so swollen before my belly came out more than my big boobs!). my feet also have gone down half a size lol and I don't get a tight chest when i walk. It is just too crazy too imagine.

If anyone is diabetic and thinking of having this done, I say yes yes yes, go for it. In 3 weeks, 1 week pre op and 2 post, my life has changed diabetes wise. No meds, no uncontrolled sugars, no feeling so toxic and swollen.

I look forward to the weight loss, have lost 1 stone so far so am happy with that, but to feel normal and not like I am swelling and getting bigger every day makes me smile all day. Thank you to all who advised me and supported me on here, im only starting my journey, and i know there may be harder times ahead but I couldn't be happier to keep trying hard!

Lisa x:)

I agree with you lisaloolo, I too was tablet dependant diabetic, and have not needed to take them since my op, also not had to get up at all during the night to go to the loo is fantastic. The weight loss is fantastic, but there are so many other benefits to surgery.
X

So happy for you ... Weightloss and the extra benefits ... What a wonderful start :D

I've been reading about people's weight losses and I can truley say I've been genuinely excited for them but I actually had a tear in my eye when I read about your diabetes - excited doesn't even come close - I am sooooooo happy for you ?????????

Ahhh thanks everyone x Sarahj it's amazing isn't it, so glad to hear I'm not imagining it! well done too. Thanks dimples, I know I keep thinking how blessed I am to have been able to have this done privately with the support of my husband and all my family! Well done to all you ladies, you've done so fantastic, great inspiration xxx

Aw that made me teary too. So So happy for you, absolutely wonderful news :) xx

thats brilliant xxx

Excellent Post & Excellent News Too!

Sometimes we forget that WLS is actually more about tackling illness associated to obesity more than it is about pure weight loss. I too "lost" my diabetes and "cured" hypertension and high cholestral almost over night!

a warning

just be carefull and keep a check on your sugars ....... i had the bypass to get me off the huge amount of insulin and metformin that i was taking pre op............anyways i was taking off all my meds post op (although i was later told that the metformin should've been carried on with) the result was that my sugars would not come down to below 7-8 and that is still the case hence i'm on insulin (at a much lower dose than preop) and metformin but the diabetes clinic at the hospital are talking about putting me back on piaglitazone ..........i'll be rattling away when i walk

Back