• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2 weeks post op

RaeB

Had my band on 22nd August and thought I'd give a quick update for those of you about to have it, or are a couple days in. To be honest I can't believe it was such a short amount of time ago.

I feel good! Portion sizes have reduced dramatically, even with no fill. Am feeling hunger, but I'm much more aware of what I'm putting in my mouth. I'm having to make conscious decisions around food types because I feel so good, having to rein myself in a bit.

Can get my jeans off without undoing the button and zip. Weight coming off, slowed down this week and not weighing myself every day.

Finally, the swollen tummy is coming down, although I'm still getting a fair amount of shoulder pain. Driving is particularly bad after sitting at my desk. 2 hour commute doesn't help.

First fill scheduled for 8th October with Guy Slater. Port site has been sore, so glad it's a few weeks away yet.

I know it's early days, but I could live like this and it would still be life changing for me. I don't think about food all the time. I don't wake up thinking about what I'm going to eat and I don't go to sleep planning the next days food.

How are you BDA?

Glad to hear that things are settling down at this point, hopefully that hunger etc will hold off a bit longer until you get a fill!

Had my band on 22nd August and thought I'd give a quick update for those of you about to have it, or are a couple days in. To be honest I can't believe it was such a short amount of time ago.

I feel good! Portion sizes have reduced dramatically, even with no fill. Am feeling hunger, but I'm much more aware of what I'm putting in my mouth. I'm having to make conscious decisions around food types because I feel so good, having to rein myself in a bit.

Can get my jeans off without undoing the button and zip. Weight coming off, slowed down this week and not weighing myself every day.

Finally, the swollen tummy is coming down, although I'm still getting a fair amount of shoulder pain. Driving is particularly bad after sitting at my desk. 2 hour commute doesn't help.

First fill scheduled for 8th October with Guy Slater. Port site has been sore, so glad it's a few weeks away yet.

I know it's early days, but I could live like this and it would still be life changing for me. I don't think about food all the time. I don't wake up thinking about what I'm going to eat and I don't go to sleep planning the next days food.

How are you BDA?

Hi RaeB good to hear from you!

Feeling so much better but my appetite is back! I can't eat too much but it is difficult to know when I have had enough as I only really feel full about half an hour after eating. Weight loss has definitely slowed down and i am on about 1200 calls a day. Just hoping this is sustained until i have had my first fill in october.
Tummy is much better - port site is still sore but a bit better day by day. Went to the gym yesterday and walked steadily up hill on the treadmill for half an hour and things seemed fine.
Happy to do the slow steady route to losing 5 stone.
Sound like you are really on the mend - keep it up and lets touch base again soon.
BDA X

Back