• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2 WEEKS AND i'LL HAVE SURGERY

Ortegap

I am freaking out Im having surgery Nov 27th Im scared to death Im having all these bad thoughts like Im going to die on the table or maybe I should just stay fat and not have surgery! I need to hear some good positive things about people who have had surgery I have 5 kids and I in a way feel I'm being selfish am I!!!:wave_cry: Whatcha think!!

hi ortegap i think yiu should go look at everyones b4 an after pics wow i have my op 21st niv i was having same thoughts as you looked at all the pics yesterday from people who have lost weight WOW cant wait to start my journey now x

Hi, I don't think you are being selfish, on the contrary. The positives far outweigh the risks, and you will be there for your kids much longer. I can understand why you are scared though, every operation is kind of daunting. Good luck x

As a single mum, I felt selfish too, the fact that I was potentially putting myself at risk by having and electing to have this surgery. This wasn't helped by my deep personal fear of anaesthetic. I had my will drawn up and wrote letters to my son all based on those fears.

However, I would do it all again without hesitation. I will be 12 weeks post band op this week, I've lost nearly 4 1/2 stone in that time, so many healthy and positive changes that I feel so much better and my son already notices a difference because of the things we are now able to do.

I won't say "you will be fine" because I know when those fears are there it doesn't help, it doesn't take away those fears. But this is a huge change and on reflection not a selfish one at all, I've done it for myself yes, but also for my son and a better future for us both :)

I am freaking out Im having surgery Nov 27th Im scared to death Im having all these bad thoughts like Im going to die on the table or maybe I should just stay fat and not have surgery! I need to hear some good positive things about people who have had surgery I have 5 kids and I in a way feel I'm being selfish am I!!!:wave_cry: Whatcha think!!
On the Contrary hun...You're doing this so your kids can see their Mum happier and healthier :)
I've got 3 kids 16,14 & 12 ( 14 yr old has Aspergers, ADD,ADHD,Tourrettes and Tics :() and a wonderful wife who needed me to be more active and happier etc.... I've lost a total of 7st 3lb and do more for my kids than i've ever been able to do..and that feeling is much better than not being able to get out of the chair and climb stairs :eek:
You're love your new life and i for one wish you all the best and look forward to reading your journey along the way :)
Best wishes
Andy x

Back