• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

scared :(

tashaliza

hi all, im having a bypass tomorrow and i dont know why but all of a sudden im scared :cry:
i know the risks of surgery but i've just got this feeling that im gonna die :eek:

Theres no reason for it but i just cant get it out if my head that somethings gonna go wrong

Am i silly for feeling this way?

tasha xx :wave_cry:

Hi

Firstly no you are not silly but we all went through this prior to our op, you know the risks but be reassured the doctors have run all tests to make sure you are well enough for surgery, they don't want you dying on their table as much as you don't want it lol
Try to relax I know it's easier said than done I was shaking like a leaf on the operating table.

Good luck not that you need it x

Hi Tasha, as Debbie says you are not being silly. We experience fear for a reason. However, you've done all your research and are with your team because you trust them and know their stats. I had my surgery delayed once and cancelled on the actual day due to concerns about my safety. No surgeon wants to have your death on their hands, so will have and will be taking, all the necessary precautions. All surgery carries a risk, even having your teeth pulled under anaesthetic, so, I'd be more concerned if you weren't worried. However, looking at the amount of people on this site and their stories you know that the surgeons have become very proficient at this op and have very very few mortalities.

I am now 6 months post op and it's the best decision I ever made. I too had my concerns but knew with my health problems etc that I would only be around for at the most 5yrs. At least now I won't have my life shortened by an obesity related disease and my girls, hubby, family and friends have a new more energised, fitter and proactive me.

I'll be praying for you. I wrote down the pros and cons the night prior to my surgery to help me confirm that the decision I had made was the best one for me and my family. It is never too late to delay your surgery if that is what you decide. I think nearly all of us had your fears just prior to surgery.

Sending you lots of love and hugs.

Rebirthxx

its normal to feel like that, i was nervous and scared probably like many others on here, you have made the biggest desicion in your life and you have gotten this far, just try and think as positive as you can and think as soon as you have had your op how better the future will be for you. good luck and a speedy recovery xxx

It's really scary to put your life into someone elses hands. But these surgeons know what they are doing and you're going to be absolutely fine.

You're going to be in expert hands xxx It's hard to give over control to someone else like this but they very highly skilled and would not go ahead with an operation unless they felt that you were going to be totally fine after!
We all have nerves beforehand, wouldn't be human if we didn't.
What most of us do is feel sick with nerves beforehand and suddenly find we're awake in recovery and it's all been done in the blink of an eye.

Please don't worry too much (I know it's easy for us to say that) soon it will be all done and you can focus on the journey to that fab new slim you in the near future x
Lots of love and take it easy x

Back