• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2 weeks yesterday!!!

Mandie37

Hi

I am having my band on 6th June and started mt pre op diet yesterday.

I am having allsorts of different emotions about it and will be glad when its over and done with. I swing from ooo i cant wait to omg why am i doing it and maybe i can do it myself without having surgery. I know in my head that i cant though and its probably just the enormity of it kicking in.

I am unsure if i could maybe use my cambridge diet packs and eat one low fat meal a day for the next two weeks, just wondering if anyone else had done that?

I am terrified of the shoulder pain that i have read so much about and also the surgery pain.

Does anybody wish they hadnt had it done and am i just being a mardy having these thoughts i really dont know.

Im scared the port will hurt permanently after im healed and i will never feel normal again.

I know this all sounds so silly but my head is all over the place today and would love to hear from anyone that has had it done and to know if what i am feeling is in fact 'normal'

Thanks

mandie

Yep all normal, we all go through these extremes of emotions but just try and focus on why you are doing this.

Good luck on your pre op - mine was slim fast xx

Thanks Mazza. Did you just eat the one meal a day then for your pre op diet. I was doing the cambridge plan with three shakes and one 200cal meal up until recently and was thinking of using up my sachets.

I am looking forward to it but just very scared about doing the right thing.

Thanks for the reply tho :)

Mandie

Its only natural to be scared.

I just had 3 slim fasts and fruit and veg - so around 1,000 cals. If you are going to have a meal as long as its a low carb one that should be ok. You should really double check with your provider though xx

yehhh another bander!! i had mine fitted almost 3 weeks ago,im all healed and painfree now,the first 3 days were the worst but not agony..the only regret i have is not having it sooner! it is hard at times as the head hunger gets to you but its worth it when your weight goes down,ive lost almost 2 stone since i had my band LOVING IT xx

Hi

I am having my band on 6th June and started mt pre op diet yesterday.

I am having allsorts of different emotions about it and will be glad when its over and done with. I swing from ooo i cant wait to omg why am i doing it and maybe i can do it myself without having surgery. I know in my head that i cant though and its probably just the enormity of it kicking in.

I am unsure if i could maybe use my cambridge diet packs and eat one low fat meal a day for the next two weeks, just wondering if anyone else had done that?

I am terrified of the shoulder pain that i have read so much about and also the surgery pain.

Does anybody wish they hadnt had it done and am i just being a mardy having these thoughts i really dont know.

Im scared the port will hurt permanently after im healed and i will never feel normal again.

I know this all sounds so silly but my head is all over the place today and would love to hear from anyone that has had it done and to know if what i am feeling is in fact 'normal'

Thanks

mandie
I had my band put in just over two weeks ago and I didnt get any wind pain at all! None! So it doesnt happen to everyone. Also I saw a noticeable improvement on the pain every day, I could do a bit more every day, and I was a back in work a week and a day after my op. I can now do everything but lay on my front at night. I havent had any fills or anything, but already I have noticed a reduction in my hunger and am able to eat so much less. Best thing I've ever done and I'm barely past the first hurdle. Chin up matey!

I'm almost 4 weeks post op and don't regret it for a second ,best thing I've ever done , don't get me wrong it's not a magic band that cures all but it does make things a lot better , good luck on your WL journey xxxxx

It's all normal thoughts and we've all been there. To paint a picture.....dinner today say outside a pub, ordered BBQ chicken baguette that came with chips! Pulled the chicken out and slowly worked through it (protein my top priotity), ditched the baguette (that would be a def no no) and had 6...yes 6 chips! So that's me being bad because despite trying my damnedest I was full! So gave in, the band won! And it's for that I respect and love my band! Normal life still achieved! Xx

When my hubby is home we eat out 3-4 times a week. I adapt my food choices a little (as Jo showed you below) but try to fit in with what anyone else is doing. There is no reason why life needs to come to a standstill. Little changes together with a positive, pro-active approach can make this tool work for you. I love my band and the control it's given me. Nothing worthwhile in life is achieved without a little bit of pain/sacrifice....pre-op diet is your time to get brain into gear and start your new habits. The first few days post op is a painful for some, but not for others. I only had a little wind pain but peppermint tea sorted out that. I was back at work after 4 days albeit moving a little slower for a few days to protect my hernia repair. For me personally, I feel no pain whatsoever from the band or the port and my scars can hardly be seen. No-one would know that last summer I was almost 9 stones heavier, apart from the fact I shout it from the rooftops ... Because I can!! Love your band, work with it and just imagine where you want to be in a few months time :)

Back