• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Balloon 2 weeks in

sailorgirl

Hi all. I had my gastric balloon placed two weeks ago. I'm feeling ok, no more sickness at least. But I'm finding that I'm VERY low energy. It's so difficult to get through a normal day of work. I'm always so tired!
Part of it might be that I can no longer tolerate coffee :(
As soon as it hits my stomach I feel sick. Oh I miss that caffeine!!
Anyone else feeling very tired and sluggish?

Dear friend

I am from India and 27 years old. I got my balloon placed on 24th December in India itself.
Surprisingly, I was fine, I could sip liquids in the initial days and did not throw up (thankfully). The stomach cramps lasted four days and now they are almost gone, I have no discomfort.
I am eating less than 300 calories a day and do not feel sluggish at all. are you drinking enough water? please try and drink more and more water or sugar free drinks (coconut water is the best)
I weight 114.7 kilos on the day I got my balloon (24th December) and today (31st December) I weight 108.6 kilos.

If you wish we can encourage each other :)

Hi all. I had my gastric balloon placed two weeks ago. I'm feeling ok, no more sickness at least. But I'm finding that I'm VERY low energy. It's so difficult to get through a normal day of work. I'm always so tired! Part of it might be that I can no longer tolerate coffee :( As soon as it hits my stomach I feel sick. Oh I miss that caffeine!! Anyone else feeling very tired and sluggish?

Hi Sailor Girl,

There's another active thread that a bunch of current and previous ballooners are on. Under other WLS - Support Needed or something similar is the title. We are all on there daily helping each other out.

As for your tiredness, you might need more protein. If you're having a lot of carbs you'll crash quickly, especially on a really low calorie diet. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the replies! I looked for the other board but couldnt find it. I'm on the mobile app - that might be my problem. Just had a doc appt. they said the same thing. I need more protein. It's tough because I often have to force myself to eat. It's only been 2 weeks. I have to be patient and let my body figure this thing out.

Last edited:
Back