• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2 weeks today - advise needed please

Slimstar?

Hi everyone it's been months since I posted and haven't been on here because I decided to wait until January for my band and every time I came on and read about people's fantastic losses I must admit I was a little jealous and wishing the time away!! Anyway I'm back now and can you believe it's only two weeks till my op agggghhhh!! I'm going to Dolan park under mr Hewin! From what I read he's excellent at what he does. I only have to do a low calorie diet for 1 week prior to my op and I'm really hoping this will be enough! My biggest worry up until now is those first two weeks after surgery on liquids I'm gonna get in some slimfast but can anyone help with other things I can have. I really like those ambrosia custards but not sure if these would be better week 2-4 as are they classed as a purée?? Any help will be greatly appriciated. So that's me up until now! Nervous about the procedure but excited about the results! 2013 will be my year! So glad to ready everyone stories love to you all xxx

Have they not given you a diet book? I had the fruit smoothie tubes, but custard I would maybe have for week 2-4 as you say unless you add milk to thin it out. To start with whatever you have should just be liquid. I lived on milky coffees. Good source of protein so helps weight loss. Slimfast will give you all you need nutrionally so good enough at the start as you'll only drink small bits. I will just say dont let it become a staple tho as full of carbs which can hinder further down the line. How excited you must be :) x

My provider (different to yours) just advised us liquid to the consistency of being able to pass through a straw, but not drinking through a straw.

My liquid stages (I dont do slim fast!) consisted of
~ fruit juice
~ vegetable juice
~ fruit smoothies
~ milky coffees
~ drinking yoghurt or thicker yoghurt thinned down with milk
~ soup with bits sieved out and thinned if needed
~ milkshakes using NAS crusha
~ plenty of NAS squash and water (about 2 litres a day)

:)

I'm 1 week post op at Dolan park! Make sure they don't put you in room 20 by the way, it's absolutely boiling!!

I've been eating covent garden soups (not the thicker ones) puréed if necessary, and yogurts, coffee and teas.

Excited for you. I would advise to not stock up on TOO much, because your taste buds may change and tbh after a few weeks you will probably be sick of slim fast and soup ;)

Hi, I was banded 2 weeks ago today by me hewin! So glad I had it done, I've lost 2stone in the last month so worth it!! I had Covent garden soups as well, innocent smoothies, and cup-a-soups! Excited for you! Have a good Xmas xx

Hello everyone well another day at work done and another day closer to op. thank you so so much for your replies I was really worried that I wouldn't be able to find things to have on liquid but glad to see that i have options. I haven't been given a diet booklet but presuming i will hear from the dietitian at some point! I really do appreciate the advise and will probably be posting again and again. For those of you that went to Dolan park is there anything I should know? (I've made a note of that room number lol) I'm going in the night before so hoping to be fairly early on the list? I've heard they kick out early though on the day after? Thanks again everyone xxx

I had a great experience there everybody was lovely! I choose to be a day case as I don't live too far away at all so I was back home and in bed before I knew it :D but ur right they do kick u out early people were leaving at 7 o'clock in the morning. I hope it all goes well for u xxx

Back