• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2 years in and lost my way

rubyred15

Hi, everyone not been on in a while, hope everyone are doing ok? I need some advise please ? I'm 2 year banded my care package is now up,,,,I'm not sure what to do next ? I got from 18 stone down to 10.7 lbs since June 14 I've gained nearly 2 stone,,,sad cry ! Self hatred at the moment,,,,I had 8.05 in 10 mls band but had total restriction couldn't get anything in , went for a de- fill now at 7.08 now I'm going up and up. My dad died 6th June and I'm lost- 10.07 was to small for me really so I think 11-6 was just right, my question is ...I can book 3 more fills with my provider, but don't know what to do ?????? Should I just leave well allone ? Or should I keep on trying,,,, my dad would tell me not to quit,, but I don't know? Maybe it's the end of the line for me,, the band has worked for me,,,in the past any advise please I'm gutted and discusted in myself at the moment. Thank you everybody ruby xxx

Aww Rubyred, think you should listen to what your dad would say- don't give in!! It's been a tough emotional time for you and maybe not the right time to cope with eating without that little bit help. Putting weight on will just be making you even more emotional!! Don't be hard on yourself, you've done amazing!! Just now isn't the right time to be doing it on your own. Good luck xxx

So proud of you hon for coming on here and asking for help - that's not easy to do. You have done this and can do this. As for fills - your team should be helping you and advising you on that.

Thank you ladies

Hi, thank you ,, I thought no one would answear me,,, my head is in bits at the moment. Yes I can turn this arrounde, with some help,! I've come a long way and it's been a hard journey at times, I knew the maintaining was going to be the hardest bit,,,it's just now I've only got 3 hits to get it just right,,,if I go for too much of a fill I'll be back to square one Restricted hope my provider can guide me? Wish me luck xxx Yve you look stunning in you photo in your wedding dress xxxruby

Sending hugs your way, don't give in now, you are entitled to fall off the wagon a little with the loss of yr dad. Don't be so tough on yourself, you have identified the problem, now give yr provider a call and talk thru yr options. Thinking of you x

Hi, thank you ,, I thought no one would answear me,,, my head is in bits at the moment. Yes I can turn this arrounde, with some help,! I've come a long way and it's been a hard journey at times, I knew the maintaining was going to be the hardest bit,,,it's just now I've only got 3 hits to get it just right,,,if I go for too much of a fill I'll be back to square one Restricted hope my provider can guide me? Wish me luck xxx Yve you look stunning in you photo in your wedding dress xxxruby
They are the experts hon. Good luck.

Thank you so much :D

Firstly, so sorry to hear of the loss of your dad. I sadly know how you feel, my dad died suddenly on June the 5th 2006. At the moment nothing seems real, I know.

As for your band, don't beat yourself up. You have been trying to cope with the worst disaster your life has ever thrown at you, so don't let guilt overcome you for putting on a bit of weight. You've lost it before, and you can again - look how far you've come in total.

Have a chat with your dietician, they are there for you. Your team can advise whether you need any more fills.

Don't panic, you can sort this and you know what to do.

Good luck hun, and stay strong for your dad. He would have been very proud of you x

Back