• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2+ years since surgery - still losing weight?

wobbles

I'm wondering how folks are going who had their bypass done at least 2 years ago?

Are you still losing weight?

Has it slowed down?

I had mine done in October 08, and i've lost over 12 stone now, but i'm still losing weight quite rapidly and wondered if anyone else is too.

I also have to have B12 injections monthly as was tested low.

Wow, well done thats a great achievement. We have a few long term bypassers and Im sure they will be along to share their stories with you soon. XX

Hi Erin, how's things going?

I have chronic malabsorption, so I absorb very little of what I eat. This is a side effect which affects around 20% apparently so could well be why you are still losing rapidly. To stop losing I have to eat a very high calorie high fat diet, and break all the post op rules, so I drink with meals, graze through the day, and eat high sugar foods but not to an amount where I dump, so little and often. I don't buy low fat/diet anything. If I have a few days where I don't do this I lose 4-7lbs in a week.
Also increasing carb intake helps, along with having foods in sauces so they go straight through. If I have a protein dense meal I can eat very little, whereas I can eat a lot of potato/pasta.

I dont come on much, so if I can help, PM me x

Im nearly 2 years out and in the last 9 months I have lost about 4/5 pound so mine has more or less stopped

Back