• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone want to join me in losing weight b4 we have surgery.

Roch

Shrinking away nicely :)
Hi all well now my funding has been approved i will def be having surgery in Jan or maybe sooner and how soon all depends on how much weight i lose.
I was told that at my weight my surgeon would only be happy to do a sleeve so i offered to lose 2/3 stone and then he said i can have a bypass :D:D:D

At the mo i am 3 days in on a low cal low carb diet of 1200 cals designed by the dietician and i am having between 100 and 1200 a day and have cut all bread out of my diet as am badly addicted to it and my next app is in 4 weeks time so i hope to of dropped at least 20lbs by then which i know i can easily do and carry on losing as much weight as poss to hopefully get my surgery quicker and to make sure i have a safer surgery and an easier recovery.
I know this has been done b4 and i was wondering if anyone would like to join me and we can support each other to lose some extra weight pre surgery, it does not matter how far u r into ur journey.
The more the merrier and all shapes and sizes welcome lmao :D:D:D:D:D
Take care all and chat soon luv Roch xxxx

Last edited:
Hi Roch, I'm game. I had managed to lose some weight, but true to form I have managed to put quite a lot back on. Now that my birthday has been and the celebrations, (barr a meal on Sunday), are over, I need to start eating more healthily as I don't want to be heavier than my original weigh in when I see Kath again. There is no way I want to have my surgery cancelled and the funding withdrawn!

I'm planning to up my exercise to 3x a week. At present I have only managed to attend Pilates once a week, so aqua aerobics and housework here I come. I think I will also restart my Xenical to help keep me on the straight and narrow. As Carbs and chocolates are my main downfall, I am hoping to follow a low carb high protein diet in preparation for the pre-op diet. I am no good at counting calories so will use a smaller plate for meals than I normally do. I don't know how to do the ticker thing. Have you got a preference as to which day we weigh and tell?

love

Rebirth xx

Hi Roch, I'm game. I had managed to lose some weight, but true to form I have managed to put quite a lot back on. Now that my birthday has been and the celebrations, (barr a meal on Sunday), are over, I need to start eating more healthily as I don't want to be heavier than my original weigh in when I see Kath again. There is no way I want to have my surgery cancelled and the funding withdrawn!

I'm planning to up my exercise to 3x a week. At present I have only managed to attend Pilates once a week, so aqua aerobics and housework here I come. I think I will also restart my Xenical to help keep me on the straight and narrow. As Carbs and chocolates are my main downfall, I am hoping to follow a low carb high protein diet in preparation for the pre-op diet. I am no good at counting calories so will use a smaller plate for meals than I normally do. I don't know how to do the ticker thing. Have you got a preference as to which day we weigh and tell?

love

Rebirth xx

Hi Rebirth well done on getting back on track hun, and would luv ya to come on board with me and we can drop some weight b4 surgery.
It does not matter what day we weigh as we all will have diff days i will be weighing every Tuesday just because it is convenient for me to get a lift to get weighed.
When is ur next app with Kath and how much weight do u want to try and lose by then.
I dont think they can cancel ur funding have never heard of that hun,am sure once its granted then its def urs.
Here is the link to the tutorial for a weight loss ticker if u want to add one to ur siggy.
Take care hun and welcome aboard :D:D:D:D:D

http://www.minimins.com/forum-technical-support/35-how-setup-your-weight-tracker-your-signature.html

Me, me, me!!!

Well as you know Roch, I've already started but 3 weeks in I'm only 2 pounds down (after losing then gaining) so need some motivation!! I know I HAVE to do this before the 7th of December!!!!!

Welcome aboard Meggie, i know u can do this and u know u can do this, u have 8 weeks to drop some weight am sure u can do at least a stone or poss more and Mr H will be well pleased with ya :):)

Do you think I'll get a gold star though? Actually just the op will do thanks!!!

Ok, have set my mini goal as two stone before the 7th of December. My weigh-in day will also be Tuesday as that is when I go to Slimming World. Went to a new class tonight and it was fantastic!!!

Hi Roch
I`m up for it . I have cut down but I`m not getting on the scales till the 9th or 10th of Nov . I`v got a tin of slimfast . Take care .
Margaret xx

Welcome aboard Margaret, the 9th nov is my next app at the Whitt :D:D.
So are u following slim fast diet or a mixture of shakes and meals xx

Do you think I'll get a gold star though? Actually just the op will do thanks!!!

Ok, have set my mini goal as two stone before the 7th of December. My weigh-in day will also be Tuesday as that is when I go to Slimming World. Went to a new class tonight and it was fantastic!!!

Whoooo thats fab and u can def do this hun. If we all bookmark this thread then we can log on and support each other xxx

Oh and nice to see the funding approved bit on your signature!! i'm still so excited for you hun!!!

How do you bookmark it? Just say you want email notification or is there some other way???

Hi Roch, I don't know when my next appointment with Kath is as I am still waiting for a psychological and cardiac appointment. I'll be seeing the dietician on Thursday and I know that she was going to speak to Kath last Thur/Friday, so fingers crossed. I would like to be at least a stone lighter when I next see her (hoping no longer than 4wks).

I have no preferance re weighing day so I think I'll make it Tue or Wed. I'll have to go to Boots to weigh as my scales change according to where on the floor I put them.

Hi Margaret and Meggie, look forward to our weekly tell and share. Thanks Roch for starting this thread and thank you for the link to the ticker. I think I might give it a try tomorrow.

All the best for this week.

Rebirth

Hi me again, I'm with Meggie. How do you bookmark this thread and great news about the funding.

Rebirth

Hi Roch, I don't know when my next appointment with Kath is as I am still waiting for a psychological and cardiac appointment. I'll be seeing the dietician on Thursday and I know that she was going to speak to Kath last Thur/Friday, so fingers crossed. I would like to be at least a stone lighter when I next see her (hoping no longer than 4wks).

I have no preferance re weighing day so I think I'll make it Tue or Wed. I'll have to go to Boots to weigh as my scales change according to where on the floor I put them.

Hi Margaret and Meggie, look forward to our weekly tell and share. Thanks Roch for starting this thread and thank you for the link to the ticker. I think I might give it a try tomorrow.

All the best for this week.

Rebirth
Hi Rebirth
I`m not getting on the scales I`ll do a thread of what I eat and time to see how I go . Good luck girls I hope we do well . Take care .
Margaret xx

Hi Margaret, I know. That's why I called it a tell and share. I'll weigh tomorrow so I know my starting weight and then I think I might just go by how my clothes feel and my measurements. I have a tendency to get held up on the numbers and don't want to slip into bad habits again.

Rebirth

Mornin girls how are we all today, and good luck rebirth and remember hun any loss is fab no matter how small it is as it all counts xxx

Roch, your cake pics just make me hungry everytime I see them!! Now I want cake. CAKE CAKE CAKE CAKE CAKE CAKE CAKE!!!

Back