• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone want to join me in losing weight b4 we have surgery.

Then PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASEEEEEEEEEEEEEE change your cake pics!! They all look so goooooooooooooooooooooooood!!! Maybe change it to sexy young men for me to ogle!!!

Hahahahaha!!!

Oh and I am considering doing Lipotrim or Cambridge or something like that as I'm finding it really hard to follow a food-based diet!! I seem to have lost all of my willpower this week! I HAVE to lose two stone by December 7th, and I HAVE to find a way to do it!!!!

Any recommendations??

Oh and I am considering doing Lipotrim or Cambridge or something like that as I'm finding it really hard to follow a food-based diet!! I seem to have lost all of my willpower this week! I HAVE to lose two stone by December 7th, and I HAVE to find a way to do it!!!!

Any recommendations??

Hun i think if ur BMI is over 40 u need a doc to sign ur CD app form but if it is not then u can just call any cdc up off the CD website and arrange an app and start, with lipotrim its just going to the LT website and looking for a chemist in ur area that sells it, it is not as easy to find a chemist selling lipotrim compared to a CD cdc, here are the links.

Lipotrim - Pharmacy Programme

Cambridge Diet: What is the Cambridge Diet?

Meggie come on gal u can follow a diet food based, i know u can do this but remember if u start a vlcd u will have to carry it on till surgery as the min u come off and eat normal food u will gain weight straight away usally around 7/10 lbs in the first week, this is called glycogen (a carbohydrate stored in body tissues. The liver converts glucose from food into glycogen and stores it for later use) when needed, the liver converts glycogen back into glucose. and it happens to all peeps after coming off vlcd diets, it can drop off very easily as well but bare that in mind.
Take care hun and have a good day xxx

Morning margaret and Rebirth how are you today and hope u both had a good day. I have been a very very very good gal for once lol but i am determined to have lost 24lbs by the time i see the hospital next on the 9th Nov.
Food wise my choices have not been so good, meaning i have not eaten enough for once lol and that is just because of the sickness from the meds and now they have been increased i am feeling rough again so food wise i am not eating much but that is def helping to drop the pounds and the choices i have made are very good choices so for once i have been a very good gal lol.

Hope u all have a good day today take care and chat soon xxxx

Hi Roch, I don't know about your cake avatar making me hungry, but it will almost give me an epileptic fit, so every time I see it I have to scroll down so I can't!!!!! Re Lipotrim and Cambridge, if Meggie is on medications, the Counsellor or Pharmacist will need to contact her GP to get permission.

Well done guys, this is good stuff and positive step int he right direction, not only will it lower the risk factors when your on the table but you'll feel loads better for the loss and knowing that each of you have the power to have done something positive for yourselves pre op.
So many time i read here how people cant be bothered or are going on a binge before there ops, thats such a negative and destructive attitude to have, so well done for loosing a bit pre ! :D

Hi Roch, I don't know about your cake avatar making me hungry, but it will almost give me an epileptic fit, so every time I see it I have to scroll down so I can't!!!!! Re Lipotrim and Cambridge, if Meggie is on medications, the Counsellor or Pharmacist will need to contact her GP to get permission.

Hi,

Anyone wanting to do CD's SS (VLCD) regardless of BMI, meds etc, their CDC will write to their GP. The letter (pretty standard) is not asking for his or her permission or to discuss meds. It is just to inform the dr of their patient intent to do CD.

All CD customers fill out a MRF (Medical Record Form), if you are on tablet prescribed by a gp, have health issue or a BMI over 40 your gp will to need signed the form before you can start the diet.

Hi pam lots are saying the same bout my avatar lol, am not 100% sure but dont think Meggie is on any meds.
When i did LT although i was on meds they started me straight away without contacting my gp i think maybe they have lists of meds that maybe they need prior app for b4 starting the plan.
How are u hun hope all is good xxx

Well done guys, this is good stuff and positive step int he right direction, not only will it lower the risk factors when your on the table but you'll feel loads better for the loss and knowing that each of you have the power to have done something positive for yourselves pre op.
So many time i read here how people cant be bothered or are going on a binge before there ops, thats such a negative and destructive attitude to have, so well done for loosing a bit pre ! :D

Thank you silversurfer, i def think its best to lsoe weight b4 surgery for so many diff reasons x

On track

Hi Margaret, Meggie and Roch,

Every time I come onto minis something happens to stop me from reading all the threads and posting. Mind you, last night it was nice because my sister rang and we had a long, long chat. Anyway, how is it all going?

Roch I was glad to see in your thread that you didn't have as much pain last night, but, sorry to see that you are still sleep deprived. Have you tried putting a drop or two of lavender oil on your pillow? It certainly works for the girls when they're restless. Mind you, you have to be careful, as too much can be a stimulant.

I'm glad that you're making healthy choices with your food but, it will be good when the amount you eat is determined by you rather than feelings of nausea etc. I'm sending you big hugs and pray you'll feel better soon.

Meggie, What are you like? Now you've got me dreaming about lovely cup/fairy cakes, I have too much imagination and not enough will power. I have to admit I admire anyone who can just have the CD or Lipotrim. I always find that I get mouth hunger and really have the need to chew on something. Perhaps it's because I always drink very fast? Let us know how you get on.

Margaret, How are things going for you? I hope your clothes will soon show that you are losing. Are you planning to increase your activity as well?

Thanks for your advice and support 'Lady in London' and Silver Surfer. Thanks again all of you, it makes it a little easier knowing there are others out there doing the same thing (who understand).

I weighed yesterday and had a shock. I had only put on 2kgs since my last weigh in a few weeks ago, not bad considering the lovely food we had in Paris! Yesterday was a very good day food wise for. I had lots of fruit and veg and didn't go overboard on the carbs (rice is my big failing). I've also signed up for belly dancing classes on a Wednesday...anyone want to join me and had some reflexology. To be truthful, I was at a mental health day event where all this was laid on therefore, not too hard to comply. I'm now searching for my info from the Spire so I can work out a healthy eating regime and incorporate some of the advice for pre wls surgery. I am so unorganised, I have no idea where I've put it all. I'm off to try the ticker thing again. I couldn't get it to work the other night, not good with computers.

I think I'll follow Margaret's lead and start a new thread re my journey.

love

Rebirth xx

That sounds good Rebirth. I would absolutely love the losses on a vlcd, but it is never easy to do as it is the first time! I have tried to restart several times, but it is soooo boring! Good luck with your plans Rebirth.

Back