• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2 years

star1958

Today it is two years since I had my surgery a gastric bypass and having lost just under six stone with a BMI of 27 I have never felt fitter.
I enjoy long walks around the coastal foot paths and on the local beaches, I sprint up flights of stairs, enjoy shopping for clothes (a little too much my DH might say) on the whole life is good.
Not sure I should say this but when everyone else in my office is going down with coughs and colds touch wood I don't seem to pick them up which may be due to my regular vitamins.
I don't weigh my self all the time as I did pre surgery just every six months at my hospital appointment so I feel I have a healthier relationship with food and my weight. My only real obsession is clocking up steps on my fit bit ......
I remember the morning of my surgery driving to the hospital I was so nervous I wanted to ask DH to turn back, but I can honestly say I'm so glad I didn't it's the best thing I ever did.

Turps

I love posts like this.

It's so wonderful to read. I'm so glad things are going well for you. Happy surgery anniversary.

FeeBee

Happy surgery anniversary. I agree it's so great to hear how you're doing :)

los in it

Happy anniversary, 2years on you must be feeling amazing, well done!

star1958

2 year appointment today all well and no further appointments from now on I will have a telephone follow up once a year after I have had my bloods done.
Only concern is that my cholesterol levels are raised and my GP needs to keep an eye on them.

Last edited:

FeeBee

That mostly sounds great :) hopefully your cholesterol will come down

Hannah2

Well done on your loss and for feeling so much happier!

Great to hear success stories, thanks for posting an update.

Hope your cholesterol levels decrease, but sounds like everything else is on track.