• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2019 surgeons list

Alex1983

Just a post checking up on you 2019 post oppers
@Emma1504
@Tw-g17
@Awalsh90
@LotusFlowerBomb
@Tanyag1989
@Need2Slim
@Mollypop
@Emma Raistrick
@OkieGirl
@Almondenco
@bex.wils
@Sarnie
@MariaMaria83
@Chez one
@Neveragainthisweight

Pre oppers... How are we getting on?
@Niccie Holloway are you all ready for Wednesday?

And my fellow July oppers...
@TJG22
@Alex1983
@linz30
@Charlie Fenton
@Queenykjp

How are we all? Exited? Anxious? I've got my pre op on Tuesday and am nervous but excited. I've never had elective surgery before and never been under a general anaesthetic so I'm a little anxious but totally ready to kick this weight to the curb.

What would we do without you Parsnip, you're so organised :)
I'm more nervous about the LRD than I am about the surgery. I'm so worried that I am going to let myself down because I am my own worst enemy. I have three kids and they will help me stay motivated, but they still need me to cook their tea. I start the LRD on Tuesday! Eeeeek!

As for general anaesthetic, do not worry.
I had my wisdom teeth out a few years ago, and had a general. The anaesthetist was stood talking to me about my job, then without missing a beat asked me how I was feeling, I said Ok, but nervous about being put to sleep. He then said that I'd had surgery and was in recovery. I hadn't even noticed!

Parsnip

I'm more nervous about the LRD than I am about the surgery. I'm so worried that I am going to let myself down because I am my own worst enemy. I have three kids and they will help me stay motivated, but they still need me to cook their tea. I start the LRD on Tuesday! Eeeeek!

I had my wisdom teeth out a few years ago, and had a general. The anaesthetist was stood talking to me about my job, then without missing a beat asked me how I was feeling, I said Ok, but nervous about being put to sleep. He then said that I'd had surgery and was in recovery. I hadn't even noticed!
The LRD will be tough but I plan to keep in mind how gutted I'd be to wake up to find they couldn't do the op because my liver was too big. Also, the smaller it is, the safer the op right...
My kids will be fine as long as they have their food. The younger two are too young to know anything and the older two know I'm having the op and are excited for me. We'll see how they like grumpy hungry lrd mummy lol.

You know what's weird about my worries about GA, not the actual being put to sleep as such or worries about reactions to it or any normal concerns, oh no. My worry is not knowing what they are saying about me whilst I'm sleeping. Literally at least 5 people will be in a room with me whilst I'm unconscious. It just makes me freak a little. I guess I won't care when I'm under!

Bling Babe

The LRD will be tough but I plan to keep in mind how gutted I'd be to wake up to find they couldn't do the op because my liver was too big. Also, the smaller it is, the safer the op right...
My kids will be fine as long as they have their food. The younger two are too young to know anything and the older two know I'm having the op and are excited for me. We'll see how they like grumpy hungry lrd mummy lol.

You know what's weird about my worries about GA, not the actual being put to sleep as such or worries about reactions to it or any normal concerns, oh no. My worry is not knowing what they are saying about me whilst I'm sleeping. Literally at least 5 people will be in a room with me whilst I'm unconscious. It just makes me freak a little. I guess I won't care when I'm under!
Aw bless you, I spent 2 days in theatre when I was qualifying and I can honestly say everyone remain very professional throughout xx

Bling Babe

Is that tomorrow you start, if it is then good luck!! Not that you’ll need luck because you’ll stick with it, you have too much to lose if you don’t xxx

Parsnip

Aw bless you, I spent 2 days in theatre when I was qualifying and I can honestly say everyone remain very professional throughout xx
I did a weeks theatre placement as part of my midwifery training and they were always professional, I know it's an irrational fear but the brain is it's own worst enemy.

Sarnie

Thanks Hun. Hoping I can be lucky and avoid gas pain x
*area lol. That was supposed to say arse! I just changed it. xx

Sarnie

That is a strange fear! I think they will be too busy making sure you're ok and getting on with the job in hand to be talking about you personally. What do you think they would say, oh look at state of her hair lol, its not going to happen hun xx

Parsnip

That is a strange fear! I think they will be too busy making sure you're ok and getting on with the job in hand to be talking about you personally. What do you think they would say, oh look at state of her hair lol, its not going to happen hun xx
I know it's irrational but doesn't stop my brain twitching about it lol

Bling Babe

Parsnip

Bling Babe

Parsnip

Parsnip

Parsnip

Sarnie

Sarnie

Bling Babe

Day 4 of the milk diet, and it’s not actually that bad. The hardest bit is preparing everyone else’s meals.

I have so far lost 6kgs since Tuesday, which is insane.
Your doing great, 6kg is fantastic, I agree I found it relatively easy too, keep up the good work xx