• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

At the start of WLS in Wales

ClareA

Hello Everyone,

I am currently at the beginning of my WLS surgery Journey. I was referred by my GP in January, thankfully got funding due to my chronic Diabetes. I have been to my first meeting with the nurse at Morriston Hospital and I am going to have my first consultation with the surgeon on the 8th october. To say I am excited is an understatement.
Reading everyones stories is such an inspiration and reinforces my view that this is the right thing for me and my family.
I would love to hear from others currently undergoing treatment with Morriston Hospital or people who have had their WLS there :)

good luck you are surrounded by friends here

Well my appointment with the surgeon went well. He has a preference for the sleeve but because of my diabetes, I wanted the bypass. He agreed that I would be a good candidate for the bypass so that's what I'm having.

Now just have to wait for appointments to come through to meet their diabetic doctor and anaesthetist which should be in roughtly 4-6 weeks time :)

It finally feels like things are moving in the right direction :)

hi hun. I am new. I have just been told I will need to go for a bariatric assessment at Morriston and wondered how you were doing, and if you had any advice for me.

Back